Associate Contracts Specialist
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
Associate Contracts Specialist
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
REPORTS TO: Manager, Contracts
The Associate Contracts Specialist is a member of the Legal Team who is diligent, proactive, and works cross-functionally with all areas of the company in a collaborative, collegial, fast-paced, global team environment. The Associate Contracts Specialist will draft, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of agreements, including commercial and customer agreements. The Associate Contracts Specialist will assist with the continuous development of the contracts function and its processes. E2open’s Legal function is diligent and proactive and works cross-functionally with all areas of the company in a collaborative, collegial, fast-paced, global team environment.
- Write, review, and negotiate software (SaaS and on-prem) order forms, statements of work, contractor/recruiter agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and contract addenda.
- Assist with the implementation of initiatives for contracts function, including contracting tools and processes, legal language library, reference materials, and playbooks.
- Advise sales management of contractual rights and obligations and provide clarification of contract terms and conditions.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external customers to efficiently drive the contract review and approval process to conclusion.
- Track instances of non-compliance and develop a plan to minimize future incidents.
- Prepare and administer routine correspondence.
- Assist in other duties that may arise from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional and tactful manner.
- Analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work in a team environment and under general supervision.
- Basic understanding of contract provisions and risks and the legal areas and laws that impact them.
- Successfully accomplish work with a general degree of independence and balance competing priorities with short lead times.
- Effectively identify significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and communicates results.
- Proficiency in MS Office – especially Word and Excel – is required.
- Experience with SalesForce.com is preferred.
- Experience with DocuSign is preferred.
- Experience with Ironclad a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in the creation, negotiation, preparation, administration, and monitoring of technology-related agreements.
- Intellectual curiosity about e2open customers, products/technology, and contract provisions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday;
- Placing and receiving phone calls;
- Occasionally moving and lifting objects up to 20 pounds; and
- May require some travel (domestic and international) if needed.
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.