Senior QA Engineer
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
REPORTS TO: Manager, Product Development
DIRECT REPORTS: No
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 2-5
E2open delivers supply chain software and services to the world’s most progressive retailers, distributors, freight forwarders, manufacturers, and logistics service providers. Transforming supply chain logistics with the e2open’s Global Trade Network, we enable customers to unlock the power of more than 40,000 universally connected partners.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the software produced is free of defects and delivers the functionality as defined by our sprint stories. The QA Engineer must interject quality considerations (performance, reliability, user experience, etc.) throughout the development sprint, not just through usage testing.
As a member of the product development team your input will be critical to the ongoing success of e2open’s transportation management solution. We are committed to hiring the best and providing you the tools and knowledge to succeed. We embrace a relaxed work environment combined with comfy furniture, cool tech, and great people.
You’ll need to be willing to ask questions, ready to learn (and to teach), and driven to succeed. Foosball, air hockey, and/or ping pong skills are a plus!
- Writing manual and automated test cases to find system bugs related to UI, usability, performance, and other functional issues
- Executing tests and review the expected vs. actual results
- Automating software systems to maintain/improve quality while increasing testing efficiency
- Conducting exploratory software and system testing
- Performing manual validation of assigned features including UI, API, and database level validations
- Participating in all the Agile ceremonies (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos)
- Participating in the technical review process contributing a customer-centric viewpoint
- Providing timely support and collaborate with team members when required
- You will also report, document, and troubleshoot technical issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of manual software testing experience
- 1+ years of software test automation experience
- A bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Computer Science and Software Development
- Possess the talent to undertake and solve complex problems
- Handle multiple assignments/projects simultaneously
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, Agile development model
- Maintain personal accountability for getting things done on time and with high quality results
- Work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and help resolve customer problems
- Test automation tools (like Selenium, Playwright, TestComplete, Katalon Studio, or Ranorex)
- Quality management tools (TestDirector, Test Manager, or TestRail)
- Defect tracking tools (BugZilla, Mantis, or Jira)
- Project management software (Jira, Redmine, or YouTrack)
- API testing tools (Postman, SoapUI, or Katalon)
General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday
- Placing and receiving phone calls
- Occasionally moving and lifting objects up to 20 pounds
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.