E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The Support Engineer is a member of e2open’s customer support team responsible for providing support to a diverse global customer base. Working directly with customers the Support Engineer is the primary point of contact for a wide variety of customer inquiries related to our products and services. Primary activities include issue diagnosis, troubleshooting, and incident management. The Global Support Engineer will use strong problem-solving skills combined with excellent communication and customer focus to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide exceptional overall client experience to clients using time-sensitive, mission critical applications.
- Research, diagnose, and respond to client inquiries in an expeditious, thorough and professional manner. Ensure KPIs are met consistently to achieve customer experience excellence.
- Identify, select, and manage cases to work on; determine root cause resolution workflows and propose a solution to the customer.
- Write basic level SQL queries to identify and troubleshoot customer issues through analyzing a various factors and determining the best approach.
- Manage customer support to resolution knowing when to escalate issues and articulate the problem.
- Research bugs by reading code and interpreting where the code needs to be updated.
- Effectively communicate and interact with customers at all levels to understand the request and rapidly assess severity level.
- Ensure critical customer issues are addressed quickly and effectively by collaborating with Product Development, Professional Services, Cloud Operations, and Quality Assurance in a global environment.
- Be able to work independently and with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Be proactive in identifying preventative measures and early warning mechanisms to reduce customer issues/escalations.
- Document all customer interactions in an internal case management system including a clear root cause and implemented solution.
- Build, maintain, and utilize support procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Flexibility to participate in required shift work and/or off hours coverage for different time zones, including evening and weekend support for Severity 1 issues.
- Participate in on-call rotations as assigned
- Other tasks and activities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must possess a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of working experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and technical problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently under minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working under deadlines and managing multiple priority customer cases.
Preferred but not required:
- Functional and business process knowledge of the Logistics and Supply Chain industry, as well as experience with logistics, transportation, and shipping software.
- Basic understanding of ITIL, incident and problem management.
- Basic familiarity with software engineering. Ability to read programming code and familiarity with programming concepts a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools – Excel, World, Outlook
- Experience with Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM software.
- Good knowledge of SQL/MS-SQL
- Experience working with Microsoft Server OS
- 2 years experience with SOAP messaging, JSON, XML
- General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday.
- Placing and receiving phone calls.
- May require some travel as needed.
What we offer:
- Health Insurance: EPS Pacifico Plan 2 100% covered.
- Indetermined Employment.
- Company Bonus Program.
- Referral program.
- Training programs.
- Equity program.
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.