Senior Database Administrator
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
- MUST have MySQL knowledge for 5+ years.
- Responsible for maintaining, installation, configuration and upgrading MySQL databases v5.6, v5.7, v8.x.
- Database administration including security, backup, performance-tuning, Disaster recovery and resolve broad range of database related problems on a daily basis working along with team of DBA's.
- Work with developers in defining optimal database architecture, optimizing SQL queries and overall performance tuning.
- Building strategy for maintenance and migration/upgrade from DEV to UAT and PROD.
- Thorough understanding of disaster recovery, planning and implementation.
- Have knowledge of monitoring MySQL instances, Innodb engine, capacity planning of databases and forecast required H/W, software licenses.
- Work with QA, deployment team and Product Management to understand requirements and work on database patch on UAT and production.
- Work in on-call and be available as and when required along with a team of DBA's.
- Monitor and optimize MySQL database performance and capacity planning.
- Establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Root cause analysis of database related issues.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot DB Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Understanding of OS, network, Storage, memory, OS variables primarily on Linux Platform primarily. Thorough working experience in Linux environment is mandatory.
- Should be able to do POC's on requirements and new releases independently.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- MUST have MySQL knowledge for 5+ years.
- Total 5+ years’ experience as MySQL DBA, strong MySQL, strong shell scripting, Linux command line skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good to have knowledge on Oracle/Postgres Database & Data modeling tools.
- Majority of the experience should be on MySQL 5.7.X and above, MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB) 3.9.X and above, MySQL Enterprise Monitor 4.0.X and above.
- Experience working in large [50+] database instance environments with size ranging up-to 5TB having Master-Slave replications, group replication, InnoDB Cluster and DB Upgrades.
- Good to have basic understanding of Oracle Database 12c w.r.t administration and backup.
- Having postgres management and administration is an added advantage.
- Should have thorough knowledge of MySQL replication topologies.
- Familiar with InnoDB engine and performance tuning related to InnoDB engine.
- Understand existing Backup and Design and Implement various MYSQL backup/recovery strategies.
- Should have thorough knowledge of shell scripting. Should have worked on complex shell scripts [any of bash/Perl/python/C]
- Preferred knowledge of monitoring MySQL databases through Zabbix.
- Good to have knowledge of Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and working with Oracle Support.
- Should be capable to understand and Improve upon the existing and create/update new Documents, standards, and best practices.
- Preferred knowledge of Data modelling tools like DBDesigner/ Erwin / Workbench w.r.t MySQL databases.
- Understand requirements and deploy specific configuration databases as and when required by development team.
- Strong communication skills are necessary for interaction with other teams. Should have good presentation skills.
- Should have experience working with MySQL Enterprise Backup Version 3.9.X and above, MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.X and above, or similar technology on MySQL 5.6.X and above Databases.
- Should be ready to work on weekend and after-hours deployment tasks as and when required.
- Good to have knowledge/experience with Percona Toolkit, Ansible.
- Must be able to work on India timezone and on-call rotation basis
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.