E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The Revenue Analyst is responsible for the revenue accounting process for assigned areas. This position will perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, reconcile and validate revenue, prepare required journal entries, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. The Revenue Analyst will interact across geographies with contract administration, sales, legal, professional services, customer support and external auditors. Position reports to the respective Revenue Team Lead.
- Analyze, record and close revenue for assigned areas monthly.
- Review signed revenue agreements to determine appropriate revenue recognition, based on ASC 606.
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations (Deferred Revenue and Unbilled Receivables) and General Ledger (GL) activities.
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts for assigned areas, including assurance of accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue/unbilled receivables account reconciliations.
- Ensure that the forecasting team is updated in a timely manner based on new contracts or changes in recognition based on ASC 606 analysis.
- Prepare analytical review of revenue-related accounts for reporting purposes.
- Review and approve Sales Order in NetSuite in relation to contracts executed under your assigned area; ensuring Revenue Recognition Arrangement is setup correctly.
- Maintain implemented internal controls up to the standard set by the Internal Audit team – ensure data availability, accuracy, and audit readiness.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a college or university in a business-related field (Finance or Accounting preferred) plus a minimum of 3 years related experience,
- Extensive experience in US GAAP revenue recognition for software companies
- Accounting experience in a Big 4 preferred,
- Experience in application of revenue recognition pronouncements and guidance
- Software company experience, VSOE/BESP experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as NetSuite, Sales Force and OpenAir/Clarizen
- “Self-starter” with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills and a can-do attitude
- Desire to be a member of a fast-growing team of professionals and have a key role in the revenue process
- Ability to effectively communicate to and influence very different audiences in different functions and geographic locations
- Ability to discuss issues in a technical manner to the external auditors and practically to the field
- Strong organization skills and ability to work accurately and independently
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and communicate relevant conclusions
- Understanding of the technical accounting guidance for revenue recognition and the practical application to software license arrangements
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.