E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The Logistics Coordinator (LC) is an important operations position within the Logistics as a Service (LaaS) department for e2open. The role is dedicated fully to one Road customer or often supports multiple Rail customers. In both cases the LC is assigned the tactical management of the customer’s transportation needs within their network, which is a critical part of the customer’s supply chain.
- Responsible for providing logistics services for customers from beginning to end of the customers’ supply chain operation, including:
- Understand customer business requirements to inform the building and planning of loads (i.e. mode selection, multi-stop ordering, etc.)
- Select and route tenders to carriers defined by routing guide(s)
- Ensure coverage for all loads ahead of relevant milestones
- Manage appointment scheduling requirements relative to delivery plan to optimize the highest levels of service at the lowest landed cost
- Track execution of loads against relevant milestones to:
- Identify any risks to successful delivery
- Offer solutions or recommendations to all known risks
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed with status updates
- Proactively interact with chosen carriers so that they have required information to ensure unimpeded transportation process for customer or to minimize delays of deliverables (i.e. actual arrival and departure times, PODs, etc.)
- Within the scope of customer specific SOPs, review, assess, make decisions to execute accessorial charge requests for approval or denial within an obligatory payment window
- Responsible for approving, denying, and/or reconciling costs relative to specific shipments
- Troubleshoot, recommend, and implement solutions for customers
- Analyze service and cost implications to inform critical decisions made while building optimal load sequences and managing exceptions; including but not limited to rate negotiation, approvals, and carrier selection in spot-market workflows
- Team members must understand market conditions and effectively negotiate transactional load costs while staying within tolerance to market variance, and customer budgeted cost per unit (e.g. cost/lbs.)
- Responsible for significant levels of freight spend and decisions impacting freight cost for customers
- Proactively monitor status (and recommend steps for improvement) of KPIs including:
- On-time performance
- Tender acceptance
- Routing guide compliance
- Customer manager tasked to develop and maintain successful relationships as a trusted advisor at all levels of the customer organization
- Ability to participate in on-call/afterhours support via phone rotation as required by account assignment
- Ability to participate in holiday coverage plans and staffing to meet customer operational demands as required by account assignment
- Other tasks and activities as assigned
- Direct and coordinate company’s rail fleet and equipment orders
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain Management or related field) or 2+ years relevant and equivalent experience
- Experience with supply chain software (e2open’s portfolio or JDA, SAP, Oracle, Mercury Gate, Pinc, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer facing and/or supplier management experience is highly preferred
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to influence others without role power
- Proven ability to problem-solve and present recommendations
- Ability to read and interpret industry documentation
- Experience with TL, LTL and/or IM transportation management
- Ability to read and interpret railroad document and communication
- Experience with rail and boxcar transportation management
- General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday
- Placing and receiving phone calls
- Occasionally moving and lifting objects up to 20 pounds
- May require 5% travel or more if needed
- Ability to fluently speak English, Spanish and/or French is preferred
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.