E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The purpose of this role is to provide an experiencing the different functional roles within the Accounting Global Shared Services Center in Kuala Lumpur by rotation before the individual is being placed into a permanent role. The GSSC is performing the Accounting responsibilities for several entities in North America, Europe and Asia.
1) Record-to-Report (R2R)
All General Ledger Accounting including, but not limited to
▪ Fixed Assets
▪ Payroll entries
▪ Accrual- and prepaid balances
▪ Accounts receivable
▪ Accounts Payable
▪ Deferred Revenue
▪ Intercompany Accounting
▪ Ensuring that all accounting and reporting is performed timely and in accordance with (local) GAAP:
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and full statutory compliance, including local audits and tax/statutory
- On quarterly basis, review tax compliance including VAT/GST
- Assure all Balance Sheets accounts are fully reconciled and uploaded to reconciliation too
- Month-end closing (MEC)
- Analyze, record and close revenue for assigned areas monthly
- Review signed revenue agreements to determine appropriate revenue recognition, based on e2open revenue recognition policy and US GAAP
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules and recognition of revenue against agreements
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations and General Ledger (GL) activities
- Maintain contract documentation for assigned areas (including contracts, purchase orders, customer acceptance and other documentation) required for review and external audit
3) Order-to-Cash (O2C)
i) Contracts intake:
- Keep contract and billing data up to date and accurate
- Upload SKU data against contracts in Salesforce to support key reports related to Revenue by SKU
- Ensure Renewal data is up to date and accurate
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal Sales, Finance & Accounting teams
- Ensures PO’s are received on time for billing, proper follow up and escalation as needed.
- Prepares invoice entries and credit memos for respective customers on a timely and efficient basis.
- Assists with acquisition integration for all newly acquired companies
- Comply with accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with local financial legal requirements.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers, internal Sales & Accounting teams
- Follows up on overdue invoices by email, phone, and/or letter within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Maintains accurate records of all collection activity
- Regularly contacts customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Responds promptly and accurately to both client and internal inquiries
- Timely application of cash collections
4) Procure-to-Pay (P2P)
- Processing new vendor setup
- Processing change requests on vendor master setup
- Processing procurement requests
- Processing PO invoices and Non PO invoices in multiple languages and currencies
- Process company credit card statements in accounting system and ensure timely payments.
- Prepares journal entries, recurring entries, and reversing entries
- Monitoring supplier’s payment terms and balances.
- Provides AP helpdesk to the organization in terms of process and queries related to payments and accounting
- Review, analyze, and respond to external supplier inquiries and perform supplier statement of account reconciliations
- Payments application and reconciliation of accounts payable ledgers
- Work closely with local countries and other business partners ensure the AP operation runs smoothly
5) Cash Management
- Daily download of Bank statements
- Timely cash application from customers, including receipt, reconciliation and application of cash payment as well as chargebacks
- Prepare the details of unallocated and unidentified receipts for local countries to take further actions
- Liaise with credit controller and billing department regarding the clearance of outstanding cash receipts from customers, the withholding tax calculation and the weekly collection forecast
- Reconciliation of intercompany data to ensure accuracy and completeness
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – candidates undergoing qualification will also be considered
- Fresh graduate or 1+year experience
- Trustworthy, detail oriented, well-organized and full of integrity
- Ability to problem-solve, both independently and as a team
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) is added advantage
- English communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as require
- Ability to read, write & speak other languages especially Chinese is an added advantage and experience with SOX compliance
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.