Team Lead, Billing
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
E2open is seeking for Billing Team Lead to support a Global Shared Services in a growing organization. The Billing Team Lead main objective is to effectively manage and support the Shared Services team with day-to-day contract validation and billing activities to support collection and revenue recognition. The ideal candidate has leadership qualities, process-oriented multi-tasker and process driven.
Reporting to the Billing Manager you will be responsible to support the end to end billing process, ensuring team maintains accurate billing data in Netsuite and timely issuance of invoices to customer. Billing Team Lead also drives for process improvement and efficiency, ensure subordinates adhere to accounting and SOX policies, support integration and ad-hoc project and maintain working relationship with customers and internal teams. Also supervises daily operational activities, act as advisor and guides subordinates in resolving issues
- Day-to-day support of Global Shared Services:Accomplishes accounting and organization mission and goals by completing related results timely and efficiently.
- Owns billing process from contract validation in Netsuite to issuing invoices to customers.
- Validates Sales Order in Netsuite and ensure information is accurate with correct product SKU, amount, payment terms and billing information that matches to contracts and Pricebook.
- Ensure team prepares and sends invoice entries and credit memos accurately and timely to respective customers.
- Supports accounting month end close activities and cut off dates in Sales Order validation, invoicing, billing adjustment and revenue accrual submission
- Regular review of processes, document and maintain desk procedures.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with corporate and local financial legal requirements.
- Comply, review and supports audit and SOX controls requirements.
- Escalation and resolution point of contact such as billing issues and invoice disputes.
- Drives process improvements, standardization and enhance efficiency
- Assists with acquisition integration activities for all newly acquired companies
- Supports management in completing special projects and other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Works closely with local countries to ensure operation runs smoothly.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers, sales and internal accounting team
- Act as advisor/SME and provides guidance to team members in resolving issues.
- Review, lead and supervise daily operational task and ensuring subordinates achieve business goals and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to maintain open communication with employees, managers and customers as required
- Customer-oriented and deliver services in a responsive manner to meet needs of the field
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong work ethic and adaptable
- Discretion and integrity are necessary as the role will be dealing with highly Confidential information
- Trustworthy, detail oriented, well organized and full of integrity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or business-related field
- 3+ years of combined experience in billing or Order-to-Cash role at a software tech company (SaaS experience preferred)
- 2+ years in senior or Team Lead position
- Experience working in a high growth organization and Shared Service Center environment
- Track record of working with all levels of sales reps and executives
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with other software and financial systems such as Netsuite and Salesforce.com is desired, but not required
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.