SR Infrastructure SRE
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
- Designs and Maintains secure, scalable, and highly available architectures for On-Prem and Cloud Hosted environments
- Fully understands Agile Systems Engineering practices
- Responsible for development of a range of cloud application/platforms for multiple operating systems and various application
- Develops and maintains different types of software, including business apps, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
- Creates flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation
- Automates the configuration, delivery, and operation of infrastructure systems and services (Ansible/Terraform). Handling emergencies and incidents, troubleshooting and monitoring, managing risk, and building scalable systems. Escalate / Partner to/ with OEM to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis, and provide high quality solutions to technical issues and service request; with adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), as well as injecting own methodologies in resolving incidents
- Help to ensure that the team is able to manage and consistently achieve the Service Level Objective (SLO) targets via effective and efficient service monitoring and incident handling
- Analyse, validate, and filter alerts from monitoring systems and convert them to trouble tickets or service requests as necessary
- Participate on service/server deployment activities as part of a technical project delivery
- Ensures infrastructure scalability and security. Brings Solid expertise in virtualization technologies (VmWare/HyperV), Active Directory , Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS/DAS) , Networks, Exchange Online M365, AWS / AZURE / GOOGLE etc.
- Knowledge of Container tools Docker/ Kubernetes,
- Suggests and implements improvement of the cloud platform to increase application and service reliability
- Benchmarks applications and services performance and design scalable systems and APIs
- Must have architectural Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, and ADFS experience including the ability to design and configure all facets of an Office O365
- Ability to write programs/code using at least one modern programming language, preferably Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Strong fundamentals of Cloud Architecture and Cloud Technology offerings (Docker, Kubernetes, Micro-services etc.)
- Brings Solid expertise in virtualization technologies (VmWare/HyperV), Active Directory , Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS/DAS) , Networks, Exchange Online, M365, AWS / AZURE / GOOGLE etc.
- Understanding of IaaS and PaaS technology stacks
- Understanding of Monitoring and Observability principles, with experience of either deploying or using a monitoring/observability platform such as NewRelic, DataDog, Graffana, Solarwinds, Zabbix, LogicMonitor etc.
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles, having an experience with IaC tool-stack such as Terraform
- Strong grasp on Configuration Management tool-stack, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines and its related tool-stack (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Automation driven, service availability focused, with an understanding of Incident Management, RCA and Change Control practices
- Exposed to Agile methodologies and practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or any other public cloud
- Blend of both Development and SRE mindset (i.e. software and infrastructure)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Systematic problem-solving skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Procedural and troubleshooting documentation skills
- 7+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer\Admin
- Knowledge of SAN technology, with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCloud, Director,View and SRM
- Solid technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and services in a multi-site topology, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, IIS and Cluster Services
- Working technical knowledge of Linux operating systems including RHEL and Ubuntu
- Experience with multiple enterprise backup strategies, including agent and SAN based backups, snapshots, and file and block level replication
- Working knowledge of PowerShell or similar scripting language(s)
- Experience monitoring, maintaining and performance tuning Compellent storage arrays
- Experience supporting a global environment and partnering with a global support team.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of Unix systems internals and networking, AWS
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies and container technologies
- Experience with containers and HA clusters; experience with Docker and Amazon ECS /Kubernetes/ Mesosphere/Docker Swarm a plus VMware certification is preferred.
- MCSE, MCITP, and CCNP certifications are pluses.
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience is preferred.
- Experience with HP and Dell servers and/or Nutanix converged infrastructure.
- Linux experience is desired
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.