Security Researcher II
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
The Forcepoint Security Labs team is looking for a talented security Researcher to join our growing front-line team. This is the think-tank research group behind Forcepoint LLC. You will be working on detecting, intercepting, and performing detailed analysis of the latest attacks, threats, and malware. You get to work with some of the most advanced tools ranging from state-of-the-art artificial intelligence platforms to live threat intelligence correlation. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for discovering threats across all stages of the attack life cycle.
- Work on security research projects in the areas of web, email, file and data security.
- Develop prototypes for research conducted and build tools as required.
- Manage customer submissions and questions in a timely and effective manner.
- Knowledge sharing internally and externally through blogs, security conferences, etc.
- Network packet capture (PCAP) analysis.
- Analyze, translate, and document code behavior.
- Reverse engineer malicious code (virus and worms).
- Participate in research projects with other team members and associates. Knowledge-sharing (internally and externally) through blogs, visiting security conferences and customer events.
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the security space with a good understanding of the security threat landscape.
- Strong knowledge of scripting/programming languages with an understanding of what the scripts are doing.
- Familiarity with current exploit kits.
- Prior experience dealing with Advance Persistence threats.
- Knowledge of OS concepts, protocols like TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Familiarity with debuggers, disassemblers, the windows registry, and other RCE tools essential.
- Experience in some of the following: web security, email security, vulnerabilities and exploitation, network and host security, sandbox security, 0-day threats, APT’s.
- Experience in understanding and creating network traffic signatures is a plus.
- Knowledge of software development practices and methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of the underlying technologies within operating systems.
- Complex Event Processing knowledge is a bonus.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.