Team Lead/Manager Software Engineering (C++/Python/Java)
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
• Provide day-to-day guidance and support to ensure that your team is successful and meets its goals
• Work with engineering managers and development teams to meet organizational goals
• Work with technical support to qualify, prioritize and resolve escalated issues related to the product
• Take an active role in the career development of your team members
• Reduce overhead & costs, optimize processes, and introduce best practices
Preferred Skills and Responsibility area
• Software/Product Design and Development expertise
• Fluent with at least one programming language from Java, C++ or python tech stack along with back ground with Linux and DB
• Through with design and development practices, tools, and techniques used to implement quality software products.
• Excellent software design & development and implementation skills using agile methodologies
• Experience in collaborating with technical support teams for customer issue resolution
• Strong communication(written and oral) and teamwork behavior within a diverse team environment
• Flexible & Self-motivated to research/learn new skills and technologies
• Commitment to the broader range of product development goals
• Project lifecycle management expertise (e.g. Requirement analysis, estimation, planning, grooming, project governance etc.)
• Build & retain knowledge, develop subject matter expertise and capabilities for engineering teams
• Able to collaborate with global teams
Desired Skills and Background (strong advantage)
- Hands on at Networking or network related solutions
- Knowledge of AMD & CDR or any other security products
- Cyber security - Product engineering background
- AWS Cloud/SaaS exposure
- Background with CI/CD
Education and Experience
• Engineering graduate with Computer Science or equivalent stream
• 8-14 years of experience in Software/Product Development
• 2+ years of experience managing a team of at least 4 developers & QA
• Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM centered organization
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.