Software Engineer III (Java + SQL Developer)
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
We are seeking a dedicated SQL programmer to join Forcepoint’s product engineering team. You will work with highly talented software engineers and will be responsible for research and development of few key security products.
As an software engineer, you will be expected to develop new features, fix defects and provide patches to resolve product issues. Your work includes writing fast and performant database queries, provide effective ways to improve efficiency of existing product DB query, analyse DB schema and DB performance. Your duties will include following best database design and development practices, as well as staying up-to-date with all relevant data security procedures and complying with all applicable data protection legislation
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in software development, computer science, business intelligence, information technology, data management, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Microsoft SQL Developer in a product development organization
- Excellent proficiency in SQL variants like MS SQL or PostgreSQL and should be able to write complex queries.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures
- Perform SQL database sharding and indexing procedures as required to handle heavy traffic loads
- Good understanding of front-end languages like HTML, CSS, and JAVA script.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good time-management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
Good to have skills:
- Experience in Linux
- Good knowledge in any scripting languages like Python, bash scripting
- Good understanding of product development lifecycle
- Basic knowledge of Networking
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.