Senior DevOps Engineer
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
About Us: Forcepoint drives innovation in the cloud security space through its secure access service edge (SASE) platform that secures any interaction. We were recognized as a Leader for the third straight year in Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant for CASB, and boast a perfect score in KuppingerCole’s 2020 CASB Market Compass. With over 150 employees, $150M in funding from Tier 1 venture capital firms, and great customers in a broad range of industries, we’re growing every day. If you’re the type of person that likes a fast-paced, high-growth environment, read on. We offer candidates competitive salaries, benefits, and stock packages. We are an engineering team focused on developing highly scalable, well tested, and automated platform and services for Forcepoint products and customer’s needs. We are responsible for everything from the core platform, shared services, data platforms, and bleeding-edge AI services.
DevOps at Forcepoint is a deeply integrated engineering team with a focus on enabling the underlying AWS platform, developing new service architectures, creating security capabilities, and defining and maintaining product-appropriate SLAs. Forcepoint is seeking an experienced, talented DevOps Engineer with 7 to 10 years of experience to join the DevOps team. You’ll bring your talent and expertise to continue building, scaling, and deploying our high-availability cloud deployment.
Exp: 7+ years
• Develop and support automated, scalable solutions to deploy and manage our global infrastructure.
• Implement effective CI/CD processes and pipelines. • Build integrations between services to create fully automated processes.
• Maintaining and improving the functionality of automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
• Identify opportunities to optimize current solutions and perform hands-on troubleshooting of problems related systems and performance in Prod/QA/Dev environments.
• Experience working with automated server configuration and deployment tools.
• Proficiency working in Linux environments, particularly with customer-facing systems.
• AWS, Google Cloud Compute, Azure
• ElasticSearch, Fluentd, RabbitMQ
• Nginx, Apache, HAproxy
• Ruby, Python, Bash
• Docker, Kubernetes
• Gitlab, Jenkins
• 24/7 Production support and SRE experience Prefered
• Experienced in automating environment and application deployment.
• Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment. Ubuntu is a plus
• Scripting (BASH, Ruby, Python) • Automation (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
• CI/CD Tools, primarily Jenkins
• Deployment and support of containers such as Docker, Kubernetes.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and development pipeline processes.
• Strong knowledge of AWS.
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories.
• Experience in implementing monitoring tools and fine-tuning the metrics for optimal monitoring.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.