Manager, Software Engineering (Python/C++, SQL, Team Handling))
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Job Description Summary
This position is both people management and technical contributor at Forcepoint’s India Innovation Center. The successful candidate will be working with world class engineering building out highly scalable software to support the Forcepoint security product portfolio. The Engineering Manager role is critical in driving reduced costs in product delivery, ensuring quality, and keeping the product lifecycle on track.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Engineering team
• Work with other engineering managers and development teams to meet organizational goals, building cross team relationships as required.
• Develop products and services to meet customer and business needs
• Ensure delivery on time, to specification and at high quality
• Work with technical support to qualify, prioritize and resolve escalated issues related to the product
• Monitor and report on progress and issues
• Drive continuous improvements to reduce overheads and costs, optimize processes, and introduce best practices.
• Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures.
• Work with global teams based in the US, UK and other Forcepoint locations.
• Recruit, hire and retain top technical talent.
• Coach and mentor the engineering team members to assist in their technical and career development.
Skills and experience
• Engineering graduate in Computer Science or equivalent
• Software design and development expertise
• Track record of delivering cloud-based products in an agile environment
• Project lifecycle management expertise (including requirements analysis, estimation, planning, project governance etc.)
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Team leadership skills, including team motivation, performance management, cultural awareness, coaching and career development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, creating excellent teamwork within a diverse team environment
• Experience in collaborating with technical support teams for customer issue resolution
• Flexible and self-motivated to research/learn new skills and technologies
• Programming language experience – Python, C++, SQL preferred
• Linux experience and networking skills.
• Knowledge of cybersecurity products and principles.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.