Senior Software Engineer
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Job description summary
Based at Forcepoint’s India Innovation Center, the successful candidate in this technical development role will be working with world class engineering teams building out highly scalable software to support the Forcepoint security product portfolio.
- Develop software products and services to meet customer and business needs
- Analyze requirements, generate architectural and component designs
- Implement production level code in alignment with company standards and quality processes
- Assist in agile planning activities by breaking down epics, creating stories and tasks with appropriate time estimates
- Ensure delivery of work items on time, to specification and at high quality
- Work with technical support and the operations team under time pressure to analyze and resolve escalated issues related to the product
- Report on progress and issues
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the products, make suggestions for enhancements
- Identify process improvements to optimize the software delivery methods in the team
- Contribute to product roadmap definition
- Act as a mentor for other team members on technical and career development issues.
Skills and experience
- Engineering graduate in Computer Science or equivalent
- Software design and development expertise
- Track record in development of cloud-based products in an agile environment
- Project lifecycle management experience (including requirements analysis, estimation, planning etc.)
- Experience in collaborating with technical support teams for customer issue resolution
- Flexible and self-motivated to research/learn new skills and technologies
- Programming language experience – Python, C++, SQL preferred.
- Linux, database, CI/CD and networking concepts (http/s, TLS, TCP/IP).
- AWS concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of cybersecurity products and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, contributing to excellent teamwork within a diverse team environment.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.