Software QA Engineer- II (Automation Testing, Robot Framework)
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
This position is a test role focused on the our Endpoint products within Forcepoint. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills as a QA engineer. In this role you will develop test strategies, execute end-to end customer driven test cases, build networks, develop test automation scripts and work closely with a global development team to deliver high-quality products. This role will be heavy on the diagnostics, manual and automation aspects of quality assurance.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in Data Loss Protection, CASB, NGFW and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
The Endpoint team is an essential part of a global team that designs and develops Forcepoint’s Windows, Linux and MAC capabilities to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, independent hard worker who wants to be part of a winning team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced tester to work with a strong team within the cybersecurity sphere.
· Develop test plans, test cases, and test automation for Forcepoint’s endpoint security agents
· Work directly with software engineers both locally and globally to ensure product quality objectives are achieved
· Collaborate across site boundaries to share test practices with low level and system test engineers
· Configures workstations, operating environments, and the system under test, as needed to complete assigned testing
· Setup and maintain test labs for various projects
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned
· Work closely with a globally distributed group of stakeholders and remote development teams to ensure that all endpoint consumers get high quality components on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or 2 - 4 year's experience
· Knowledge in software automation testing or equivalent
· Knowledge with JAVA/Python suitable for test automation development
· Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory.
· Awareness of Robot Framework or other data-driven testing framework
· Interest in software testing methodology, testing processes, test development, and test execution
· Theory in testing API’s and Web Services
· Knowledge of desktop applications within platforms such as Windows, Mac and Linux.
· Experience with testing tools and methodologies including automation frameworks, large data, performance and scalability
· OSI layer knowledge to support triage on various layers and protocols
· Exposure to virtualization and containerization.
· Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork ethic within a diverse team environment.
· Self-motivated to research new skills and technologies
· Commitment to the broader range of product development goals (teamwork at scale)
· Good understanding of setting up automation test infrastructures and frameworks
· Knowledge of test automation and CI/CD
· Knowledge of testing and debugging kernel and device driver software
· Experience with networking and/or communications protocols, especially TCP/IP
· Previous experience working in an Agile/SCRUM
· Previous testing experience within the security industry
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.