Software QA Engineer - III (Manual Testing)
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
1. Test Planning and Design:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and specifications.
- Develop comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on project documentation.
- Review and validate requirements for testability and clarity.
2. Test Execution and Reporting:
- Execute functional, regression, integration, and user acceptance tests.
- Identify and document defects using a defined defect tracking system.
- Provide clear and concise defect reports, including steps to reproduce and detailed observations.
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure defects are resolved and verified.
3. Test Documentation:
- Create and maintain detailed test documentation, including test cases, test scripts, and testing results.
- Document testing processes and methodologies for future reference.
4. Quality Metrics and Reporting:
- Track and report on testing progress, including test execution status and defect metrics.
- Provide status updates to project stakeholders and team leads.
5. Test Environment Management:
- Set up and configure test environments to accurately simulate production conditions.
- Collaborate with IT and development teams to ensure a stable and consistent testing environment.
6. Collaboration and Communication:
- Participate in requirements review meetings to contribute QA insights.
- Collaborate with development, product, and design teams to address quality concerns and provide testing input.
- Work closely with other QA team members to share knowledge and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Manual QA Engineer with 4 to 7 years of experience.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies and best practices.
- Proficiency in creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and tracking defects.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within a team.
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, TestRail, or similar QA management tools.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.