Oracle Database Administrator
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Position Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: National Capital Region (NCR), local travel as well as limited CONUS and OCONUS travel.
Forcepoint is one of the world’s largest private cybersecurity companies. As a Database Administrator at Forcepoint, you will be joining our Washington, DC professional service engineering team. The work is dynamic and challenging and requires supporting multiple customers. Work is non-routine and requires ability to work independently, be a self-starter, as well as multitask and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting complex environments with medium to large scale Oracle databases. Many job listings provide a wide range of confusing and often vague terms, confusing an applicant like yourself. Here at Forcepoint we take a different approach by spelling out the key things you’ll be responsible for on a daily basis.
For this position, you’ll be supporting the following Forcepoint products while at the customer site:
Forcepoint - Insider Threat
The Forcepoint Insider Threat product is an industry leading user activity monitoring toolset. For more information, visit this link. https://www.forcepoint.com/product/insider-threat
What will you be doing?
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot Oracle databases, spanning 12c and 19c. Hands on with 19c a plus. Perform database upgrades and migrations.
- Demonstrated operations experience with Linux based platform to include installation, administration, and troubleshooting in support of Oracle databases.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle Database Performance and provide support for database related issues.
- Periodically perform backup/recovery to validate the backup/recover procedures.
- Experience with high availability tools like Data Guard preferred.
- Experience with container database and pluggable database desired.
- Experience with partitioning and text indexing desired.
- Experience with hardware, servers, SAN equipment and other storage systems a plus
The position will require frequent travel locally inside the NCR (no overnights). With intermittent travel outside the NCR
What experience(s), knowledge, and education we are looking for:
- An active (currently in use) – TS/SCI and CI Poly eligible required
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining Cloud applications on any popular platform e.g., Oracle, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or equivalent education and/or work experience.
5+ years demonstrated experience in Oracle RDBMS, Grid, ASM, RMAN, and optionally DataGuard administration”. Duties include design, installation, upgrades, patching, system maintenance, backup/restore operations, resolving communication issues, scripting, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience performing the following tasks:
- Linux operating system installation, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Updating device firmware or vendor supplied appliance software.
- Remediating security vulnerabilities or applying security controls to any hardware or software platform. Experience with STIGS and FIPS.
- Skilled in SQL, PL/SQL, Linux shell scripting.
- Experience interacting with Oracle Support.
- Works independently within a team, provides general direction to customers and fellow team members.
- Accountable for quality, completeness, and on-time delivery of own work products.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support product-wide database solutions.
Things That Would Be Nice to Have:
- Working in Cloud Environments like AWS, GovCloud, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience with N-Tier architecture
- Experience with Java application servers
- Oracle Certifications, such as OCA, OCP, OCM
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.