C++ - Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
Forcepoint is expanding its' world class Endpoint organisation in Mumbai. The Mumbai team will be part of a global team that develops Forcepoint’s Windows, and Mac Endpoint products to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
You will be responsible for recruiting top talent, establishing a positive, innovative and productive culture and delivering high quality software to our customers. In this role you will manage a group of software development and quality assurance engineers working in an agile environment. This is a hands-on role requiring a strong technical background and the ability to get into the code and design process.
This position is both people management and technical contribution to the Endpoint product within Forcepoint.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced manager to work with a strong team in developing the latest features for market leading company in data protection.
· Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team.
· Actively sourcing, recruiting and on boarding top talent from around the globe
· Provide day-to-day guidance and support to ensure that your team is successful and meets its goals
· Work with engineering managers across Forcepoint engineering to meet organizational goals and deliver high quality functionality to our customers
· Work closely with technical support to quickly qualify and resolve escalated customer issues related to the endpoint agent
· Take an active role in the career development of your team members
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Preferred Technical Skills:
· 10+ years of experience with C/C++ on OS X, Linux and/or Windows
· Expert C/C++ coder with experience at the driver and kernel module layer.
· Excellent debugging skills. Reverse engineering techniques and debugging of kernel space code.
· Experience with WFP on Windows and/or experience with system extensions on MAC.
· Knowledge of software development method, design and implementation
· Expertise in languages, tools, and techniques used to implement quality software products
· Experience with test automation and CI/CD
· Experience developing security products
· Exposure to technical support processes and customer issue resolution
· Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork behaviour within a diverse team environment
· Strong experience in recruiting and team building
· Building good working relationships with other teams around the world
· Ability to create an innovative, collaborative and supportive culture
· Strong focus on reports’ talent development and career growth
· Self-motivated to research new skills and technologies (whether or not directly related to product)
· Commitment to the broader range of product development goals (teamwork at scale)
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Extensive experience managing a software engineering team
· Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.