Software Engineer II - C++ Developer
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Have you developed software solutions in an Endpoint architecture within the cybersecurity sphere? We are seeking developers to work on solving the most challenging technical issues related to Endpoint security. Strong background on developing complex code on one of the following platforms: MAC OS X, Windows or Linux is required. Deep operating system knowledge is vital.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in Data Loss Protection, CASB, NGFW and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
The Endpoint team is an essential part of a global team that designs and develops Forcepoint’s Windows, Linux and MAC capabilities to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, independent hard worker who wants to be part of a winning team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced developer to work with a strong team within cyber security industry.
· Design and implement cross platform endpoint security solutions in response to emerging threats
· Develop, enhance, and maintain Forcepoint endpoint security products
· Assist and troubleshoot product related issues escalated by the product support team
· Perform additional duties and projects as required to achieve organizational goals
· Work closely with a globally distributed group of stakeholders and remote development teams to ensure that all endpoint consumers get high quality components on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 2 to 5 years of experience with C/C++ on OS X and/or Windows
· Good knowledge of OS internals and device driver fundamentals
· Strong troubleshooting skills, good coding and source management practices
· Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals such as file systems, network protocol stacks, process management, interrupt handling, and memory management.
· Understanding of backend application models and RESTful APIs.
· Self-motivated to research new skills and technologies
· Commitment to the broader range of product development goals
· Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork ethic within a diverse team environment.
· Knowledge of endpoint, network and data security highly desired
· Experience developing and debugging kernel level code, system extensions and/or device drivers
· Prior experience developing security products
· Good understanding of test frameworks.
· Excellent debugging skills. Reverse engineering techniques and debugging of kernel space code.
· Understanding of secure coding techniques, integrity measurement, and tamper detection.
· Direct experience with SCRUM and Agile methods.
· Understanding or experience with certificate management, code signing, secure communications, encryption, trusted boot, or related topics.
· Exposure to virtualization and containerization.
· Knowledge of design patterns.
· Solid understanding of build systems and continuous integration.
· Strong personal commitment to quality and repeatable processes
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.