Senior Cyber Engineer
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Job Title: Senior Cyber Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
We are looking for talented cyber engineers motivated to help customers solve complex and fast-moving cybersecurity challenges supporting the U.S. Government. Focusing on our proven Forcepoint Cross Domain solutions, you will interface directly with customers and play a key role in designing and deploying an enterprise Cross Domain solutions to ensure customer success. The successful and highly motivated candidate will be offered specialized training to support our technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment.
To learn more about Forcepoint products visit https://www.forcepoint.com/products
What You'll be Doing:
- Self-starter utilizing your Linux and scripting expertise to support and field critical customer driven requirements, enabling secure data transfer
- Utilize interpersonal skills to engage directly with the customer to provide advanced design, analysis and implementation of our software
- Demonstrate competency working hands-on in Linux based environments, troubleshooting on-site technical issues, using and configuring the Forcepoint HSG solution to deliver critical customer driver requirements
- Leverage standard networking concepts to support the design and implementation of networked systems to include failover, co-op, and load balancing as well as interoperability with other components within the enterprise.
- Provide technical briefings to customers and Forcepoint corporate leadership as required
- Mission oriented to provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site/remote support to customers.
Full Time, Monday – Friday (standard work schedule with flexibility for mission critical requirements)
This position requires minimal travel - up to 10% travel domestic as needed to meet customer and project requirements.
Things You Must Have to Apply:
This position will require access to information that is subject to the U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The applicant must have the ability to obtain the appropriate work authorizations that may be required under U.S. ITAR or EAR regulations from the applicable U.S government agency
- Active (currently in Use) TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph
- 8+ years of experience in a cyber engineer role supporting enterprise software solutions
- Strong experience in Linux and scripting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relay technical information to customers and laypersons
- Interest or experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design and development and/or experience in an operational environment
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Working knowledge of programming logic and methodologies (e.g., regular expressions)
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Security or equivalent
- DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I; SANS GSEC, CISSP preferred
Things that would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with security design and architecture of Cross Domain solutions (CDS)
- Working knowledge of virtualized, networked environments, specifically VMWare and HyperV based systems
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Experience with security COTS product integration (e.g., firewall, web gateways, Data Loss Prevention)
- Prepare documentation to support Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities
- Apply knowledge of current Information Assurance (IA) policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.