Software Engineer- III
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
At Forcepoint, we are on a mission to protect enterprise data as it moves beyond the firewall to the new frontiers of cloud and mobile. Our innovative technologies transcend the network perimeter to deliver zero-day, total data protection for the enterprise, anywhere data goes, anytime.
Candidates should possess good troubleshooting and reasoning skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, desire to work on networking, security, web, mobile, and other server and client technologies.
This role - we are looking for someone, with a ferocious desire to build industry-leading, world-class products. We'll provide the support and the opportunity, you bring your "A game."
- Work with Product owners and customers to understand requirements and provide software solutions.
- Generate software design of requirements with focus on performance, scalability, security and maintainability.
- Identify inefficiencies and improvements to software process, architecture, code etc and implement effective solutions.
- Perform diagnosis of complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Implement reusable components and framework that results in speedy implementation of software requirements.
- Implement code, applying best practices that makes efficient use of cloud services.
- Identify new frameworks and software libraries to keep Tech stack up to date.
- Mentor and train Junior engineers of team and promote software best practices.
- Must have at least 6+ years of software development experience.
- Must have extensive experience in Architecture, designing and developing services and components in Python, Go, C, C++, SQL programming languages at enterprise scale.
- Must have experience with high-availability, high-scalability, high-performance architecture using Cloud Native technologies
- Must have experience with MySQL database modelling and/or non-SQL databases.
- Must have extensive experience in using AWS services like S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS, EKS, etc
- Experience developing and deploying containers using docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience in network and security domain is a plus.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.