Cloud Operations Engineer- II
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Objectives of this role:
We are looking for a CloudOps Engineer to join our team and work with our engineering team to optimize, implement, and maintain our organization’s Cloud Infrastructure
You will be working with our cloud computing team to modernize and consolidate our Cloud infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation
The Engineer’s responsibilities include deploying and debugging systems, as well as executing new cloud initiatives.
The cloud engineer will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of Cloud Operations and an ongoing impact on Organizations growth.
Ultimately, you will work with a highly motivated Engineering and QA teams to ensure our cloud computing systems meet the needs of our organization and customers.
- Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based platform solutions
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensure efficient functioning of our SaaS solutions and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Automate iterative processes to implmenet efficient GitOps principles
- Design solutions or coding to work with new platform technologies
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Audit the organization’s cloud infrastructure and monitor the capacity and scaling capabilities
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Interact with other departments, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on their needs
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
Requirements and Skills:
- Three or more years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on Kubernetes platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role
- AWS, Azure, OCI or GCP certifications preferred
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Cloud Engineer
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.