Senior Product Manager, Global Products
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Forcepoint Global Government and Critical Infrastructure (G2CI) is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Global Products team reporting to the Forcepoint Senior Director of Global Products. As a member of the G2CI Global Products team, the Senior Product Manager will partner with sales, professional services, and engineer product development to support the definition of new features and product enhancements for our Global Products. Successful candidates are those who have proven to help set strategic direction for a product line and drive individual product direction which aligns and contributes to growth of the business.
Forcepoint is the leading provider of commercially available data transfer and threat protection solutions. Our Global Products permit customers to securely transfer and transform data from multiple networks with varying classification.
- Act as the communication and coordination conduit between Sales/Sales Engineers/Professional Services and Engineering Product Development translating user and business needs and goals into specific software requirements.
- Gain agreement and alignment on product requirements and roadmaps, product development schedules, and technology partnerships.
- Act as the Product Management point of contact for all sales and customer interactions and engagements.
- Analyze customer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build-vs.-buy perspective, assess current competitor offerings and seek opportunities for differentiation while monitoring the market and coordinating with internal customer representatives to develop competitive analysis.
- Be seen as a clear leader and evangelist of Global Products. Manage and evangelize the product strategy for the Global Product line working closely with the collective Product Management organization, the CTO office, Sales, Engineering Development and Professional Services.
- Be a strong presenter and facilitator, presenting regular updates and driving key decisions from the Executive Leadership team to drive product direction and be a representative at relevant conferences, webinars, trade shows, and PR events.
- Coordinate and communicate product priorities to ensure that the business continues to lead the market with the right features, positioning, pricing, and promotion, working closely with all business stakeholders.
- Coordinate product/release go-to-market activities including going through the business readiness process, preparing pricing models and presentations, internal training, coordinating with marketing to establish promotion strategy, and enable the Sales and Professional Services teams to be able to support the products.
- Ensure products are built to be easily understood, sold, consumed, and used, with an eye on looking on how the end-to-end experience can be improved.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in the software development / product management within the cyber security industry.
- Confidence and gravitas to engaging at all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Ability to handle demanding stakeholders, or serious technical problems or product issues resulting in stressful situations.
- Able to have difficult conversations with colleagues and Executive Leadership to make decisions to drive the business.
- Must have strong background in business and financial principles, a broad familiarity with government, military or critical infrastructure customers, and previous product management or product development experience.
- Strong technical understanding of cyber security solutions with the ability to explain solutions at multiple levels to meet the requirements and understanding of your audience.
- In-depth knowledge Cybersecurity concepts such as Zero Trust CDR, SSE, SASE, DLP, Firewalls, Data Guards, Data Diodes, and Insider Threat environments.
- Working knowledge of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) environments and Linux and associated repositories and VMware.
- Experience working with on-premise, networking, hybrid, cloud or virtualization software
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work without direct reporting accountability.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and able to operate with minimal supervision in a highly visible, high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and move from topic to topic throughout the day providing responses in a timely, clear, and accurate manner.
- Must be a creative and innovative troubleshooter with problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment.
- This position requires security clearance therefore it is essential that you are either a US, UK or Canadian citizen.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.