Financial Analyst III
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Financial Analyst III – R&D Opex
This position’s responsibilities encompass a full range of forecasting, budget management, and investment analysis activities. This role is a challenging position with high-level visibility. The Financial Analyst III position sits at the intersection of the business’ operations and the company’s financial results and, consequently, can influence the business beyond Finance. A successful candidate will embrace opportunities to take on new challenges and be comfortable leading/motivating their peers. This position will play a key role in strengthening the Global Governments Business Unit (BU) and will work with senior leaders across the business to help maximize financial success. The FP&A team is responsible for delivering forward-looking guidance to executives, ownership, and external shareholders, as well as reporting financial results and managing business leaders to optimal performance.
As the primary Finance point of contact for functional budget owners in R&D, responsibilities will include
• Reporting and variance analysis with monthly results by analyzing actuals, preparing variance analysis, and developing/tracking key performance metrics,
• Forecasting monthly working with department heads to develop and maintain a detailed model including people planning, non-payroll costs, and key contract oversight,
• Budgeting process responsibilities will include working with functional budget owners to generate detailed expense analysis, capex needs, and strategic presentations to leadership,
• Ad hoc responsibilities including modeling, data analysis, business cases, and investment analysis among other items on an as needed basis.
This position will support the FP&A team in projecting, reporting, and controlling OPEX budgets through a framework of predictive analytics and cross-functional accountability.
This role offers unique development opportunities as it will have hands-on experience in supporting a critical group of operational department owners. A successful candidate will embrace opportunities to take on new challenges and expand their understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis as a whole. Responsibilities may include other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience:
• This position requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, required
• MBA and CPA preferred, but not required
• Previous experience in public accounting or FP&A
• Experience in ERPs and CRMs, preferred but not required
• Requires excellent analytical skills, top tier Excel modeling, Powerpoint, strong leadership, ability to collaborate with peers, and a strong sense of initiative.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.