Principal Federal Sales Account Manager
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Title: Principal Federal Sales Account Manager
Location: Herndon, VA/DC Area
Forcepoint is looking for an experienced Principal Sales Engineer with a track record of success to join our Global Government and Critical Infrastructure (G2CI) Commercial sales engineering team. We are seeking talented sales engineers who have a passion for helping customers solve hard problems, experience selling information security and who have hands on experience with enterprise solutions in large scale computer networks.
This role will be the primary customer-facing technical member of the sales team but also crosses functions with product management, product operations, engineering, and marketing in addition to being responsible for the success of customer pilots and technical evaluations to demonstrate the business value of Forcepoint’s G2CI commercial products.
- Work directly with existing customers and prospects to position Forcepoint G2CI Security solutions for success and to shape project requirements.
- Manage a complex technical sales process, from initial solution discovery, through proof-of-concept delivery, and proposal development.
- Skillfully present the technical merits of the Forcepoint security offerings, deliver compelling product demos, and expertly handle technical objections.
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks
- A self-starter and proactive leader willing to display initiative with common sense
- Results driven and committed to ‘outcomes rather than output’
- Team focused, with the ability to gain the personal support of others
- Capable of developing empathy and rapport internally with staff and with customers and partners
- Strong work-ethic and committed to quality
- Disciplined, organized and methodical in approach to tasks and activities
- Committed to the success of customers and colleagues
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate competency working hands-on in Windows and Linux based environments during pilots; troubleshooting on-site technical issues, using and configuring Forcepoint security solutions to deliver actionable analytic results, and working closely with the client and Forcepoint engineers to ensure successful pilot efforts.
- Bring practical information security experience to bear to the technical sales effort, including demonstrated knowledge of Web Security, Email Security and Secure Data Transfer solutions.
- Advanced understanding of enterprise networking, including SaaS and Cloud solutions, such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Provide technical support to the sales teams by creating high quality presentations and rapidly responding to requests for information and helping to craft sales strategies & tactics when appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including:
- Internet security
- Anti-malware technologies
- Proxy technologies
- Experience with Windows, Linux, SIEM, information security, networking, scripting
- Experience working in virtualized, networked environments, specifically VMWare and Hyper-V based systems
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a sales engineering role supporting enterprise software solutions
- Ability to work as part of sales team to formulate account strategies
- Experience with building strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer’s technical staff
- Ability to articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users
- Experience with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to travel 50%
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of sales cycle and presales activities
- Experience working with analyst teams and end users
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges that come with growth
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.