Senior Manager, Accounting
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Sr. Manager Accounting’s responsibilities will include maintaining properly controlled systems and processes, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and providing timely and accurate reporting to management and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will have responsibility over US GAAP accounting, reporting, management reporting, statutory reporting and both consolidated and statutory audits.
The candidate should have strong technical accounting experience, be analytical with demonstrated problem-solving skills, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy, and provide solid advice/data to others. This is a critical and high-profile role which plays an integral part in the Company’s growth and success.
Oversees teams that are responsible for:
- Technical accounting (including purchase accounting, valuations, writing accounting position memos, etc.)
- General ledger accounting (including fixed assets, capital projects, leases, debt, equity, share based compensation etc.)
- Financial Reporting including management reporting, external reporting.
- Statutory Reporting
- External audits
- Ensure annual financial statements are prepared accurately, timely and presented in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and maintain a monthly and quarterly reporting deck for accounting leadership and BOD purposes.
- Manage the preparation and audit of the Company’s consolidated and local statutory financial statements, including verification to underlying data, cash flow statement and equity roll-forward preparation.
- Prepare and provide support for financial statement disclosures.
- Partner with external auditors, coordinate timely delivery of requests and issuance of financial statements.
- Review applicability of new accounting standards and disclosure requirements; provide technical guidance for implementation as required.
- Own equity and stock-based compensation accounting
- Own accounting and documentation for hedges
- Create and maintain internal and external reporting calendar, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting.
- Maintain and create policies and procedures, including documenting process flows and desk procedures.
- Suggest and implement efficiencies to existing processes. Identify areas needing improvement and implement agreed up solutions.
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with peers in finance and business partners across the organization to understand the business and apply that knowledge to the financial statements and reporting.
- As needed, play an active role in the due diligence process in acquisitions including reviewing the financial and tax data of acquiree, concluding on the accounting treatment, and building and executing on the implementation plan.
- Lead the coordination of external valuations on significant acquisitions and acts as a liaison between external valuation experts and the external audit team.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Mentor and manage the GL and reporting team, including performance reviews, goal setting, and coaching.
- Manage the Accounts Payable and/or Payroll Team DOE
- Ad-hoc required by leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Licensed CPA preferred; public accounting experience preferred.
- 6+ years of accounting experience preferably in the tech industry.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Experience in implementing complex accounting and reporting standards.
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of large general ledger software applications e.g. NetSuite or Workday
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- A solutions-oriented team player with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about remaining up to date on current trends and practices.
- Advance proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel).
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.