Senior Director, Tax and Treasury
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Sr Director, Tax and Treasury
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Sr. Director of Tax and Treasury operations will be responsible for managing all tax reporting, compliance, and management as well as cash flow management and treasury functions. The candidate should have strong technical accounting experience, be analytical with demonstrated problem-solving skills, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy, and provide solid advice. This is a critical and high-profile role which plays an integral part in the Company’s growth and success.
Oversees Tax functions including:
- Technical accounting for all tax liabilities, writing accounting position memos, etc.
- Lead the annual tax engagement providing 3rd party tax partner with required information
- Provide CFO with key tax guidance and strategies to minimize the company’s tax liabilities.
- Manage and minimize federal, state, sales tax, property tax, foreign, and all other taxes
- Manage tax payments, compliance, and statutory Reporting
- Partner with TPG and provide K1 reporting as needed
- Maintain ownership and share information including any employee distributions and programs,
- Suggest and implement efficiencies to existing processes,
- Partner with external auditors, coordinate timely delivery of requests
- As needed, play an active role in the due diligence process in acquisitions including reviewing the financial and tax data of acquiree.
Oversees Treasury functions including:
- Prepare weekly cash forecast working with key finance individuals (AR, AP, Payroll, etc)
- Ensure accounts are properly funded for payroll, AP, and other needs
- Manage banking relationships, procurement card programs, and bank account functionality
- Minimize cash on hand and maximize investment opportunities which cash reserves
- Manage cash funding and disbursements in cases of acquisitions
- Manage debt and interest payments and accounting
- Prepare quarterly debt compliance reporting
- Suggest and implement efficiencies to existing processes. Identify areas needing improvement and implement agreed up solutions.
- As needed, play an active role in the process in acquisitions including managing banking transfers and integrations to company accounts,
- Ad-hoc required by leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in tax accounting and finance
- Licensed CPA preferred; public accounting experience preferred.
- 10+ years of Tax accounting experience preferably in the tech industry.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Advance proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel).
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.