Senior Manager, Payroll
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Senior Manager – Payroll
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Sr. Manager, Payroll’s responsibilities will include maintaining properly controlled systems and processes, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and providing timely and accurate reporting. The successful candidate will have responsibility for compensation including payroll, bonus, commissions and 401K.
The candidate should have demonstrated solid payroll experience, technical accounting experience, be analytical with strong problem-solving skills, possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work with accuracy under pressure, and provide solid advice/data to others. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, detail-oriented candidate to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Oversees teams that are responsible for:
- Payroll, bonus, commission, 401K, severance processing and accounting
- Manage all aspects of payroll processing (including settlements) operations, global payroll accounting and reporting/compliance.
- Maintain understanding of current payroll practices and processing to avoid/minimize risks for the Company.
- Able to provide guidance, interpret and operationalize payroll practices and proper accounting for compensation elements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with third-party payroll vendors to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, settlements and tax/regulatory filings.
- Investigate and resolve system and logic issues with third-party payroll vendors and manage projects for improvements and system changes.
- Ensure process is in place to reconcile payroll with subsequent settlements and timely resolve reconciling items.
- Ensure timely filing of local payroll compliance and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate flow of data in bi-directional interfaces between Payroll, HR, Accounting and other systems.
- Oversee proper recording of payroll journal entries to the general ledger and reconcile payroll related balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Manage cross-functional partnership within and outside of the organization (HR, IT, Legal, Tax, and Finance) to provide expertise and data needed to complete reporting, budget, and audit responsibilities.
- Mentor and manage payroll processing and accounting team, including performance review, goal setting, and coaching.
- Develop and maintain payroll policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls in effect
- Identify and initiate best practice processes and productivity improvements for greater efficiencies and savings.
- Partner with external and internal auditors, coordinate timely delivery of requests.
- Perform ad hoc projects such as system updates and process integration.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of payroll and/or accounting experience
- Manager or Certified Payroll Professional with payroll experience, in a large company and multi-state environment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of time and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of large general ledger software applications e.g. NetSuite or Workday
- Strong knowledge of payroll-related legal, tax, and compliance requirements.
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.