Site Reliability Engineer III
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
Forcepoint is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer II to join our Site Reliability Engineering Team. The SRE II role will focus on elevating application and service performance and availability in support of our organization’s fast-evolving enterprise technology needs.
The SRE role actively targets risk to service availability for employees and customers by partnering with Engineering and Operations teams leveraging modern observability tooling and service restoration methodologies focused on automation and infrastructure as code where possible.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background spanning both applications and infrastructure. They will have direct experience with multiple coding language, core SRE practices & methodologies.
*Hybrid position working in the Campbell, California office
- Monitor, measure and improve the reliability, availability and scalability of IT Infrastructure, applications, and services
- Identify manual routine operational practices and build robust automation capabilities using code and modern tools
- Collaborate with Product Developers and business stakeholders to gather requirements for enabling and improving performance monitoring for applications and services
- Engage in Incident response and participate in post-mortem analysis to investigate root cause and capture contributing factors for remediation
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and trend/usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Design and build custom tools as needed to support process optimization, challenging the status-quo and improving operational efficiency
- Participate in 24*7 rotational shifts & On-Call for handling production operation issues
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Create meaningful dashboards/reports for application telemetry and infrastructure health for pro-actively identifying performance constraints and bottlenecks
- University degree and 4-6 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based architecture and cloud operations. Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and/or equivalent public cloud technology
- Experience in administration/build/management of Linux systems
- Foundational understanding of Infrastructure and Platform Technology stacks
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts and theories, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, routing protocols, etc), VLAN configuration, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
- Understanding of security architecture and certificate management
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure and Application monitoring platforms such as Grafana Cloud, Solarwinds, NewRelic, DataDog etc.
- Working knowledge of Incident Response and Alerting platforms such as PagerDuty, Opsgenie, XMatters etc.
- Understanding of the core DevOps practices (CI/CD pipeline, release management etc.)
- Configuration management platform understanding and experience (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Prior experience in Cloud management automation tools (Terraform/CloudFormation etc.) is crucial
- Experience with source code management software and API automation is crucial
- Cloud certifications or equivalent experience is highly regarded
- Service availability-oriented mindset with a pro-active approach to problem solving. An ideal candidate should be able to develop automated solutions to prevent recurring problems
- Possesses the ability and willingness to challenge the status-quo and optimize current procedures and processes
- Strong sense of ownership and an ability to drive cross-functional process improvement
- Possesses excellent inter-personal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Analytical and logical approach to problem-solving and a willingness to automate repetitive tasks and reduce manual/re-active workload
- Ability and willingness to coach and mentor Team members and colleagues
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.