Sr. Jira Admin
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
The Senior Jira Admin would need to have 6-8 years of experience. For this role, you must be an experienced Atlassian Tool Administrator with DevOps experiences to join the Global Infrastructure team.
This is a 100% remote role based in India and required to extend Weekend-on call support on rotation basis.
The incumbent in this role, will own and support the Forcepoint Atlassian environment, passionate about teaching, learning, and automating and working in a high paced collaborative environment. You will also bring Jira Datacentre to Jira Cloud Migration practical experience.
- Configuring, managing, and enhancing Jira and Confluence tools, including native functionality as well as researching, testing, and implementing plugins and other integrations.
- Understanding the current Atlassian tool process, gathering requirements, investigating potential solutions, analysing impact, communicating with stakeholders, and implementing solutions
- Developing interfaces between external tooling and Jira/Confluence infrastructure.
- Managing complex Jira workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Configuring and enhancing Jira Service Desks.
- Provisioning, maintaining, and improving our existing cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with the IT team on projects such as major upgrades, data migrations, automations, plugin selection, and integration with other system
- Work with other developers and operations to perform DevOps processes.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, RCA for Incidents and training materials.
- Upgrade JIRA within the required environments
- Provide technical assistance and training in using JIRA and other tools as identified.
- Design, configure, manage, and support Atlassian tools, primarily JIRA and ensure 99.99 % uptime through adequate monitoring, patching.
- Design and support custom JIRA workflows, fields, dashboards, and reports
- Work closely with the Information Security Team to ensure a safe Atlassian environment
- 6-8 year’s experience in setting up and supporting Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, JSM etc.).
- Basic SQL and JQL query experience.
- Experience customizing workflows, setting up dashboards, and generating reports.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with scripting and programming such as Python will be added advantage.
- Willingness to work on a fast-paced team with a "low ego/high performance" culture.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and Git will be added advantage
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.