Principal Software Engineer
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
You will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and testing software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. As an expert in the field, you will use professional concepts in developing resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters. You will apply cutting edge principles, theories, concepts, and technologies, as well as champion and develop innovative principles and ideas. You will also be responsible for the following:
· Debugging product-level issues, and identifying relevant faulty components, even outside of areas of deep specialization
· Reasoning about Forcepoint's product portfolio and understand potential reuse points.
· Working with Product Managers and other teams to consolidate requirements and requests into a cohesive roadmap or technical approach.
· Proactively keeping up to date on industry and technological advancements, and presenting on those to the engineering groups
· Creating formal networks with key decision makers and possibly serving as external spokesperson for the organization
· Identifying innovation opportunities and contribute to patentable ideas.
· Actively looking out for ways to optimize software delivery processes: code reviews, CI pipeline etc.
· Mentoring, interviewing, and hiring junior engineers.
· Determining and pursuing courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
What experience and knowledge are we looking for:
· Expertise in multiple programming languages (GoLang, Python, C, C++), as well as some of the supporting technologies (e.g., full expertise in Web APIs and protocols like TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, HTTP, GRPC)
· Expertise in cloud computing platforms, especially AWS – GCP and Azure is a plus.
· Experience with cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes - design and build highly available microservices.
· Strong understanding of the product(s), including its business aspects, and end-to-end architecture
· Project level leadership for product-level initiatives, including task decomposition, basic time and resource planning and work assignments.
· Strong understanding of various software deployment models - software delivery vehicles
· The ability to demonstrates through results, a high degree of innovation, creativity, and the capacity to solve major problems of advanced complexity.
· Media trained, confident thought leadership presenter who regularly presents internally across the business and externally to customers or at conferences.
· Active mentor for engineers or other areas of the business with a focus on helping to accelerate their skills and progression.
· Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices.
· Bachelor of Science in CS or related field and 10+ years of related experience; or equivalent work experience.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is a Federal Contractor. Certain positions with Forcepoint require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.