Software Engineer - II (Python Programming, Linux)
Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
- Design, develop, and implement maintainable and efficient Python code for various internal applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex software issues related to functionality, performance, and security.
- Perform unit and integration testing to ensure high code quality and application stability.
- Automate routine tasks and build tools to improve development efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Python, Linux, and related technologies.
- Document code and technical procedures for future reference and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience developing software applications in Python.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work.
Good to Have:
- Experience in cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Proficiency in networking concepts and protocols.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.