This position is fully remote and requires candidates to be residing in and authorized to work in the United States. Applicants should be able to reliably work CST hours.
About this Role
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company, built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission to change the status quo of the PC gaming industry. Since 2014 we've provided PC gaming hardware and accessories engineered for elite-level performance, premium quality, and high-end aesthetics.
We are looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team. The ideal candidate will manage the collection, filing, and remittance of taxes both domestically and internationally. They will also conduct audits to ensure compliance with all states, territories, and countries that Glorious does or intends to do business with.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance and Accounting. The person in this role will also work cross-collaboratively with our staff accountants, and externally with tax contacts in each state and country where Glorious has a business presence.
The starting annual salary for this role is $70,000 - $80,000 USD depending on knowledge, skills, experience, education, and geographical location.
- Manage and accurately record the collection of sales tax on the Glorious general ledger
- Ensure all taxes are accurately recorded/reported on financial statements at the close of each month
- File individual US state tax returns via Avalara
- Collect GST, HST, VAT, and other international taxes, and file appropriate returns
- Manage quarterly tax distributions
- Ensure any payments owed to individuals states, territories, or countries are properly remitted, and resolve any issues that may arise directly with contacts there
- Regularly conduct audits to ensure that Glorious is compliant with individual states, as well as international territories/countries in which we conduct business
- Proactively take steps to ensure compliance with international territories/countries where Glorious will launch or increase sales
- Take ownership of all customs and duty taxes
- Work with external partners and/or firm(s) on various projects as assigned
- Residing in and authorized to work in the United States
- Professional fluency in English
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics, or the equivalent combination of education, certifications, and/or on-the-job training
- 4+ years of experience as a tax accountant/analyst, internal auditor, or CPA
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently/without direct supervision
- Familiarity with tax compliance and automation software (Avalara preferred)
- Knowledge of or experience with consumer electronics or gaming is a plus, but not required
- Truly remote-first environment
- Comprehensive health care coverage (medical, vision, & dental)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Employee discount on Glorious purchases
Based in Dallas, TX, United States, Glorious has grown rapidly through the support of a community of PC gaming enthusiasts and professionals. Every new member of our team has a direct impact on shaping our future.
Glorious offers the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career. We invite you to become part of an amazing team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the PC gaming industry's status quo.
Learn more at https://www.gloriousgaming.com/