Manufacturing Coordinator, China
This position requires candidates to be residing in and authorized to work in China; applicants local to Dongguan are preferred. Candidates should be able to reliably travel to other areas of China to work on-site with contract manufacturers, as well as attend calls during US business hours when requested (approx. 10 pm to 6 am BJT/CST).
About this Role
Glorious is a lifestyle gaming hardware company, built by passionate enthusiasts on a mission to change the status quo of the gaming industry. Since 2014 we've provided gaming hardware and accessories engineered for elite-level performance, premium quality, and high-end aesthetics.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a detail-oriented Manufacturing Coordinator located in China to join our Procurement team. The Manufacturing Coordinator will be responsible for working on-site with our contract manufacturing partners to coordinate on and enforce production schedules and deadlines. They will also be responsible for evaluating and improving the manufacturing processes, tools, and raw materials used at each location.
This position reports to the Production Manager and works closely with our Quality, Product, and Project Development teams. They will also be a key partner to our external suppliers and other companies/individuals involved in Glorious’ production process.
The starting annual salary for this role is ¥175,000-200,000 CNY depending on knowledge, skills, experience, and education.
- Work closely with contract manufacturers to execute corrective actions, implement new techniques, and schedule/coordinate production timelines
- Assess and monitor raw material inventory levels at contract manufacturers’ facilities, reporting on quantities and analyzing risks for either shortages or overages
- Perform inspections for color, material, and finish (CMF) quality and consistency on products and components during mass production
- Audit tooling and molds for proper condition and to ensure maintenance is being performed regularly
- Negotiate with current or new suppliers to improve the cost of raw materials used in the Glorious product production process
- Maintain healthy relationships with contract manufacturers, suppliers, and other external partners/individuals by providing timely support on-site or via email
- Work cross-functionally with the Glorious procurement, quality, sourcing, and product development teams to support on-time product launches
- Report regularly on all findings, issues, and resolutions to the Production Manager
- Located and authorized to work in China; residency within or local to Dongguan is preferred, but not required
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection
- The ability to attend internal meetings or take calls during US business hours
- The ability to regularly and reliably travel to work with contract manufacturers
- Professional fluency in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing coordination or similar role; experience and knowledge of electronics, computer components, or gaming equipment is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed written/verbal feedback and actionable next steps to manufacturers as the result of materials, inventory, or tool/mold inspections
- Demonstrated knowledge of raw materials, their markets, and the manufacturing and finishing processes (e.g. aluminum and other metals, plastics, anodization, polishing, coatings, electrophoresis, hydro dipping, color accuracy, casting, forging, CNC machining)
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- The ability to work independently without direct/on-site supervision for long periods of time
Based in Dallas, TX, United States, Glorious has grown rapidly through the support of a community of gaming enthusiasts and professionals. Every new member of our team has a direct impact on shaping our future.
Glorious offers the chance to work within an environment where you will have the freedom and flexibility to take the reins on your career. We invite you to become part of an amazing team dedicated to pushing the boundaries of possibility and shifting the gaming industry's status quo.
Learn more at https://www.gloriousgaming.com/