Accounting & Finance
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We are a 200+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. The Senior Accountant will be tasked with ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of accounting records, including period-end close, AP, AR, intercompany, consolidation, cash management, and payroll functions. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed, team player working in a fast-paced environment. This individual will report to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with accounting, legal, and operations. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
- Assist in compilation of monthly and quarterly GAAP financial statements; prepare analysis of all financial information underlying the statements and supporting schedules
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Develop and document internal controls in accordance with SOX
- Assist with all aspects of the annual financial audit, initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Regularly collaborate with accounting and finance leaders to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters
- Ensure highest quality of accounting activities across entities: month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation, financial reporting, etc
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting in support of executives
- Provide timely and quality support to other departments
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA license required
- 3+ years of big 4 public accounting or public company experience is preferred
- Experience working with financial accounting software (Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc) is a plus
- Experience with US GAAP technical accounting matters and financial disclosure requirements
- Exposure to SOX 404b testing and understanding of COSO framework
- Public company and/or IPO experience is a big plus
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, including VLookUps, Pivot Tables, etc
- Extremely organized and autonomous
- Business-minded with superb communication skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving organization
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
Santa Monica Office: $72,000 - $115,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, "Take Care of Yourself" days, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment, and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week at one of our hubs in Santa Monica, San Francisco, and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.