Senior Software Engineer I - LeadsRx
San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of our engineering team. Our mission is to help people save money on the prescription drugs they need to get healthy lives and make healthcare more accessible and affordable.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of tools, backend services and APIs that power our onboarding flows and internal systems within GoodRx. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation, deployment and operations of new or existing tools, services and APIs needed to support new product functionality. You’ll also be collaborating with other engineering teams within GoodRx.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Work with teams across the organization including marketing, platform, devops, data, product and analytics to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Own, create, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code to turn ideas into production quality products.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of software development experience – you have shipped products used by thousands of users.
- High degree of fluency in multiple backend programming languages. You are a strong coder and know how to write clean, effective code at scale. We primarily use Python and Go – but welcome experience in other modern languages such as Java, C#, Typescript, C++, etc.
- Proven experience building server-side REST APIs, GraphQL and gRPC with Protocol Buffers.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS technologies including AppSync, Lambda, StepFunctions, EventBridge.
- Ability to work autonomously without detailed requirements by managing ambiguity and determining + implementing the technical direction to solve the business problem at hand.
- Experience with our front-end technologies – React, TypeScript, NextJS, Redux, NodeJS, ES6, Webpack
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you will work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and systems. Adapting to the tools and technologies appropriate for the job at hand.
Good to Have:
- Significant experience with Go.
- Experience with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience analyzing data and interacting with databases such as MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like CodeFresh (preferable), Circle, Drone, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience coding with compliance in mind (HIPAA, PCI or others)
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $161,000 - $257,000
New York Office: $147,000 - $235,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.