Director, Business Analytics (Consumer Pricing, Retail, & PBM)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
GoodRx is seeking a Director, Business Analytics to join our pricing team. The person in this role will oversee 2 of the key focus areas of our pricing team, providing analytical leadership to support our PBM and retail partners.
The ideal individual for this role will have strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, executive presence, and the ability to drive strategic thinking. This individual will also be managing a team of 4, so prior management experience is required.
Specifically, this role will focus on:
- Using data to create compelling presentations to drive our partnership efforts with PBMs and Retail Pharmacies
- Directly managing drug pricing in the GoodRx consumer marketplace, optimizing for the economics of GoodRx and its partners
- Identifying, quantifying, and executing on innovative pricing strategies to grow GoodRx’s prescriptions business
- Summarizing insights and recommendations for regular executive-level meetings, presenting to audiences both within GoodRx and with our external partners.
- Use SQL to extract and interpret data from multiple sources to drive actionable insights, providing business reporting in Looker, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Support strategic growth activities, client pitches and RFPs through delivery of customized analytics and presentations aligned to client goals, including participation in client performance reviews
- Review prescription pricing performance, and model/quantify the impacts of adjusting price points to improve performance
- Lead, and mentor a team of talented analysts
- Perform additional ad-hoc analysis as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of related experience, and a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree and 6+ experience; or equivalent work experience related to business analytics
- PBM/Retail pharmacy/healthcare experience strongly preferred. Pharmacy pricing and Business optimization experience preferred.
- Strong SQL and excel proficiency
- Strong quantitative skills
- Experience working with Power BI or Looker (preferred)
- Cross-functional relationship management skills
- Expert analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Located near our Santa Monica, CA or San Francisco, CA offices preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 15% of the time
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $190,000 - $305,000
New York & Seattle Office: $174,000 - $279,000
Santa Monica Office: $158,000 - $206,000
St. Louis, North Carolina Offices: $142,000 - $209,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses, annual equity grants for most positions, and generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration, which is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment, and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week at one of our hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.