Senior Software Engineer I, Full Stack Conversion Pillar
San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
We believe that our customers deserve the best experience at GoodRx, no matter what platform they use to engage with us and that experimentation and continuous learning will help us build it. Your job will be designing, building, and iterating on customer facing flows, as well as experimenting with the cutting edge frontend frameworks to help figure out where we’ll go next. You’re comfortable jumping between stacks, leveraging your wide range of skills to expand and accelerate what the team can do.
- Utilize your software engineering skills to solve complex customer experience problems, write modular, high quality code
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers, Software Engineers to design frameworks, components, and services that power the app and web features.
- Design, document, and implement architecture patterns that are stable, flexible, and a pleasure to use.
- Deliver new features and change existing ones utilizing A/B testing platforms
- Set coding guidelines standards that continually raise the bar of quality in our codebase
- Mentor less experienced engineers, participate in hiring by interviewing candidates
- Monitor platform availability and stability, participate in on-call rotation, triage incidents and outages
- Write tests for new features, and improve coverage for existing ones
- Create pull requests, participate in internal and external code reviews, encourage code ownership
- Experiment with cutting edge technologies and frameworks for apps and web, building proofs of concepts and analyzing their potential for use with our product offerings.
- Uphold transparency, data-driven decision making. Encourage culture of collaboration and respect to fellow team members
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of software development experience, delivering high products at web scale
- Experience dealing with customer facing application challenges - performance optimization, site uptime and stability, SEO
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Next.js, NodeJS, ES6
- Ability to triage incidents using tools like observability platforms like DataDog, NewRelic, and tools that aggregate logs
- Knowledge of latest web emerging technologies, architectures, and trends
- Experience communicating with REST APIsand GraphQL
- Ability to integrate 3rd party SDKs and APIs
- Ability to mentor and grow engineers and / or be mentored.
- Effective remote collaboration skills with distributed teams.
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for problem solving / innovating with the development teams.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
Good To Have:
- Experience with Content Management Systems like Contentful
- Have background in back-end development (Python, Go, GRPC)
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $161,000 - $257,000
New York Office: $147,000 - $235,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.