Lead Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for development and maintenance of mission critical services and APIs which power multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of both new and existing services. You will work as part of a cross-functional squad of product management, data analysts and other software engineers. You will also collaborate with other engineering, business operations, and marketing teams across GoodRx. While much of your work will be on backend services there are opportunities for frontend work too.
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market, employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility and ease of operations.
- Be a team player, collaborate, and learn from those around you
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Identify gaps in current codebases and solutions to continually improve coverage on them through refactoring, unit testing, system testing, automating deployment and operations
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g. style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Mentor, train, and promote other team members on design techniques, and coding standards (clean, easy-to-use, easy-to-read, and testable code)
- Maintain an understanding of the business requirements and work closely with stakeholders to understand what they need and why
- Work with teams across the organization including marketing, platform, devops, data, product and analytics to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- 8+ years of professional experience working as an engineer
- 7+ years of lead or healthcare experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Significant experience designing, building, deploying, operating, and maintaining cloud based web services and microservices (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Extensive experience with multiple programming languages (Go, Java, Python, C#)
- Familiarity with front end and internal UI technologies (ReTool, Salesforce Communities, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Strong experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex project requirements
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Experience with observability and monitoring systems (Datadog, Sumo Logic, Cloudwatch, Sentry, etc…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree Preferred Skills
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross functional and/or cross-business projects
- Healthcare pharmacy, PBM, NCPDP transactions experience
- Experience in GoLang, Web Services, API Development
- Experience with data ingestion pipelines such as Airflow, AWS Step functions
- Experience with event driven pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators like Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands on exposure with serverless technologies (AWS Lambda)
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like CodeFresh (preferable), Circle, Drone, AppEngine, or similar.
- Experience analyzing data and interacting with databases such as MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $202,000 - $323,000
New York Office: $185,000 - $296,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.