Full Stack Software Engineer III
San Francisco, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save over $60 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of mission-critical services and APIs which power multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. In this role, you will be involved in the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of both new and existing services. You will work as part of a cross-functional squad of product management, data analysts, and other software engineers. You will also collaborate with other engineering, business operations, and marketing teams across GoodRx. While much of your work will be on backend services, there are opportunities for frontend work too.
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market, employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility, and ease of operations.
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable Golang and Python-based backend services
- Engage in code reviews, giving and receiving constructive and actionable feedback
- Generate comprehensive documentation, including technical design docs, operations documentation, and architecture diagrams
- Understand business requirements and collaborate closely with stakeholders in and across teams
- Make data-driven engineering and product decisions
- Cultivate a culture of excellence and participate in the team's on-call rotation to ensure a high-level of service availability
- Mentor and learn from other engineers, lead engineering discussions, and champion best practices
- Contribute to improving engineering standards and processes
- Bring an open and collaborative attitude and growth mindset to every challenge
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency in Golang is required; Python experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience with React, TypeScript, React Context, NodeJS, and ES6
- Must have experience with GraphQL and GRPC; knowledge of REST and adherence to semantic versioning practices is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, deploying, operating, and maintaining cloud-based services (AWS or Azure preferred)
- Solid experience with both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Apache Kafka or similar modern pub/sub systems for real-time data processing and streaming
- Experience in supporting production services or implementing DevOps processes and practices
- Capability to navigate ambiguous and complex project requirements
- Deep understanding of both component-level and application-level design patterns
- Commitment to Agile quality and testing methods, including TDD, BDD, Unit Testing, and Automation
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Experience migrating monolithic architectures to microservices is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative field
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $143,000 - $220,000
New York Office: $131,000 - $210,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved over $60 billion using GoodRx and millions of consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.