Revenue Accountant Intern
Where you’ll work: Anywhere in Hungary
Accounting and Finance at GoTo
The Accounting and Finance team is essential to our business. While the specific roles may vary, one thing is certain – you will be at the center of our organization and an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring the efficient financial management and financial controls necessary to support all our business activities. This is where you make an impact.
Your Day to Day
As a Revenue Accounting Intern you would be working on:
Monthly and quarterly VAT returns --- You will collect and provide data to our tax partner for 20-30 countries every month, making sure that the provided documents are in line with our accounting. Keeping deadlines is a priority for all VAT returns.
Account reconciliations --- Prepare account reconciliations for Deferred Revenue, Revenue, bank, and credit card clearing accounts.
Audit related tasks --- You will work closely with revenue accountants by completing audit requests and providing revenue related supporting documents as part of the Company’s U.S. GAAP quarterly reviews and annual audit initiatives in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Invoice reconciliations --- You will complete invoice reconciliations between the different business systems and our accounting system to make sure everything is recorded.
What We’re Looking For
As a Revenue Accounting Intern, your background will look like
- Ongoing Bachelor/Master studies in Finance and Accounting/Business Administration or relevant background
- Full-time, active student status at a Hungarian university
- Fluency in English and Hungarian
- Basic accounting knowledge is a plus (e.g. balance sheet, income statement, chart of accounts)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Any accounting program knowledge is a plus
- Working with big data
What GoTo offers:
- Full remote work option within Hungary and on-demand seat in our Astoria office
- Time-off benefits and volunteering days
- Employee Resource Groups and GoTo Gives CSR program – a fun, and inclusive community
You’ll be working towards a shared goal with an open-minded and cohesive team greater than the sum of its parts. At GoTo, we’re passionate about growing a diverse and inclusive work ecosystem because unique takes make us a stronger company, and Stronger Together. We’re committed to creating an inclusive space for everyone, no matter what. That’s how we’ll Be Real, Think Big, Move Fast, and Keep Growing along the way.