ML (Senior) Audio Research Engineer
ML (Senior) Audio Research Engineer
Who We Are
For over 25 years, Native Instruments has been at the forefront of sonic innovation. Guided by our mission to inspire and enable creators to express themselves, we develop integrated audio hardware and software solutions for musicians, producers, engineers, and DJs of all genres and levels of experience.
Audio Research is a cross-functional team that perpetuates the technological competitiveness of Native Instruments based on the invention of novel machine learning and signal processing technology. The team serves the entire Native Instruments organization, which now includes iZotope and Brainworx.
We're particularly looking for researchers with a rich experience in the fields of machine learning, audio processing, and generative audio.
One of the exciting aspects of working with us is our strong commitment to research and innovation. We not only encourage but also support our team members in publishing their research at conferences. Moreover, we take pride in offering a stimulating environment where your research in music technology can come to life and transform into tangible products that make a difference in the industry.
Note: The seniority level of this role is based on each individual's professional experience. We welcome applications from both seasoned professionals and emerging talents.
What You'll Do
- Innovate: Create and deploy new audio processing and generation technology powered by machine learning;
- Stay educated: Know the cutting edge of latest scientific and technological advancements;
- Thought leadership: Disseminate knowledge internally and externally through prototypes, publications in top conference & journals, workshops, patents and more;
- Agile work and fail fast: Facilitate the speedy production and transfer of new technology across Native Instruments, with a flexible mindset towards adaptation;
- Communicate: Distill complicated ideas and methods and present clearly.
What You'll Need
- M.Sc. (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Signal Processing, Physics;
- Electrical Engineering or a related field, with an emphasis on Machine Learning (degree in ML for musical audio preferred);
- High technical literacy in ML-based audio processing and generation;
- Desirable experience and/or knowledge in recent advances in music generation models;
- Proficiency in Python with extensive knowledge of PyTorch/TensorFlow, as well as scientific and audio processing libraries (e.g., SciPy, librosa, torchaudio, etc.);
- Proven track record transforming research ideas into well-tested and well-documented deployable prototypes for audio machine learning models;
- Desirable: first author publications in relevant venues such as ISMIR, WASPAA, ICASSP, DAFx, NeurIPS, or ICLR;
- Critical listening skills & passion for the music technology space;
- Dedication to agile development values.
Native Instruments embraces diversity and a respect for all people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. At Native Instruments we value teamwork and passion, deliver inspiring experiences, continuously innovate and empower our communities, while also serving our planet.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.