Software Engineering Team Lead (all genders)
Team Lead (all genders)
Who We Are
For over 25 years, Native Instruments has been at the forefront of sonic innovation. Guided by our mission to inspire and enable creators to express themselves, we develop integrated audio hardware and software solutions for musicians, producers, engineers, and DJs of all genres and levels of experience.
Our hardware and software teams work in close collaboration to create inspiring and accessible hardware instruments such as drum machines and keyboards. We are looking for a Team Lead who is an experienced technical expert and excels in guiding and leading a software development team. Our engineers work on a variety of topics such as complex user interfaces, the audio engine, databases and hardware interactions. Whilst still working hands on technology alongside your team colleagues, you are taking on people management responsibilities of your team. As a people manager you will help your engineers to successfully achieve goals, develop themselves further and have fun doing so through coaching, mentoring and leadership.
What You'll Do
- Care about your engineering team as a servant leader
- Be hands-on and contribute to the deliverables of your team
- Ensue technical alignment inside the team and the division
- Align and work closely with Product, Tech and Design Leads to ensure high performing teams
- Foster a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Take over typical tasks of a people management like recruiting, onboarding, disciplinary discussions, paying attention to the well-being of your team members etc.
- Ensure personal and professional development of employees
- Provide an appropriate working environment
- Monitor and manage individual conflicts which cannot be solved by the teams themselves
- Organize and conduct annual appraisals by means of feedback and feedforward techniques
What You'll Need
- Passion: Interest and aptitude for technology, management and leadership
- Technical Expertise: Strong knowledge and understanding of software development. Experience writing modern, clean and maintainable code in C++. Experience in (audio) real-time development or embedded systems preferred.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to lead by example, set clear goals, and create a positive work environment as a servant leader.
- Delivery Management: Experience coordinating between various teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth product delivery.
- Communication and Collaboration: Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical, with the ability to listen and provide constructive feedback. Facilitate collaboration, communication, conflict-resolution and decision-making.
Native Instruments embraces diversity and a respect for all people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. At Native Instruments we value teamwork and passion, deliver inspiring experiences, continuously innovate and empower our communities, while also serving our planet.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.