Senior Software Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
Recruiter: Patryk Abramowicz
Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Performs design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of Toolset software.
Performs development tasks ranging from low complexity well-defined tasks to more complex projects and taking ownership of components. Engage in the resolution of more complex problems including diagnosing problems in running applications. Be able to pick up unfamiliar components and become the team expert. Work with developers outside of Toolset team to design solutions within Toolset that meet their requirements through to delivering software on time. Research new technologies where needed and how they apply to Toolset and its solutions.
Development of software within the Toolset team, including technical design, writing of code, automated tests and documentation. Deliver changes as needed to other teams for acceptance. Provide technical assistance to other teams on Toolset matters, including problem solving, creation of issues on Jira, creating test cases debugging and resolution. Participate in Agile process including backlog refinement, estimation and sprint planning and be able to pick unfamiliar items and progress them.
- Strong level of experience in compilers / o/s / libraries / embedded.
- Programming in C/C++
- Use of boost and other libraries
- Have a good knowledge of C++ and how recent changes in the language can benefit coding and the limitations of portability
- Experience of programming in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Use of Unix tools to help diagnosis such as strace, advanced gdb and remote debugging and network tools.
- Able to investigate complex problems such as memory corruption issues.
- Use of bash and related tools and other scripting languages such as Python.
- Use of git
- Familiaityr with Agile methodology such as SAFe.
- Understanding of how computer languages and compilers work
- Database – Oracle and PostgreSQL, including SQL, optimization and performance, security, ODBC and database design.
- Networking - understanding of protocols such as http, TLS negotiation, authentication protocols, Apache configuration and internal working.
- Understanding of computer languages and compilers
Why join us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An inclusive environment to thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be rewarded for your efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organisation to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.