Senior Software Engineer (KCML Developer)
Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Developer working in Autoline REV8 based in KCML
To provide new or improved software to meet ongoing functional, market, manufacturer or legislative needs and thus ensure that Keyloop products maintain their market leading position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop application software conforming to quality guidelines based on the requirement definitions provided.
• Investigate software problems identified in testing or via Support and provide solutions.
• Provide technical and process documentation to complement user stories or specifications.
• Secure all developments and documents using the software repository or an off-line medium such as Sharepoint.
• Provide assistance to QA personnel in the testing and documentation process.
• Conduct development hand-over training to internal and external departments/customers as required.
• Lead, or assist in, the installation, implementation and support of field test / pilot of completed developments.
• Make full use of internal applications and tools, such as CVS and the ‘Issues database’.
• Experience of software development in a language such as VB, C++, or C#
• Experience in web server technology (SOAP, REST)
• Basic knowledge of XML, JSON, XHTML and related technologies as well as a basic knowledge of networking.
• Experience of Object Oriented Design and the use of database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server.
• Knowledge related to Aftersales, CRM, invoicing and accountability software.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
• Be able to understand and interpret existing application software solutions.
• Be able to demonstrate expertise in interpreting business requirement specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet the stated requirements that support business processes with a high-degree of user-database interaction.
• A working knowledge of current operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows etc.).
• Experience of working with software version control techniques, such as CVS or GIT
• An appreciation of Scrum based Agile development methods and processes.
• An ability to work to pre-defined timescales.
Why join us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An inclusive environment to thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be rewarded for your efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organisation to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.