Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Recruiter: Garima Maheshwari
Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of role
Working as part of a dedicated team to migrate application workloads from EOSL Linux (Centos) and Windows (win2012) servers in data centres, to replacement servers utilising both hardened & current Oracle Linux and Windows Server 2022 Operating Systems located within AWS.
We are seeking two senior operating system engineer to lead the technical conversations and activities, one to lead Linux environments, and another with Microsoft Windows.
The candidate needs to have that rare combination of exceptional communication skills to deal with application owners & business functions, technical skills to work alongside SMEs on standards/documentation/design/architecture, and automation skills to design/create playbooks to streamline the time taken to migrate thousands of servers.
The candidates will largely be working UK hours, with the need to work some out-of-hour times and/or days of the week depending on the complexity of the individual server migrate.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with application owners to understand application stacks, server/system usage, and how their applications integrate with the operating system & wider infrastructure components
- Working with Operating System SMEs, Internal Application teams and infrastructure architects to determine the best option for system migrations to replacement servers
- Working with Operating System SMEs, Internal Application teams and infrastructure architects to help design replacement server setups
- Create runbooks to define and document how the ‘migration factory engineers’ will migrate workloads from existing servers to new servers
- Identifying and creating automation playbooks to improve the accuracy and velocity of server migrations per month
- Working through CIS system/security hardening requirements, to ensure applications continue to function on hardened server operating systems
- Create new server/system deployment automation code/scripts to create replacement servers. Updating these ‘golden images’ as required to alter the configuration and/or software installed.
- Act as operating system/infrastructure technical escalation point of contact for the server migration project
- Assist with complex technical issues post individual server/customer migration.
Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate a history of complex server analysis, problem solving capabilities, and new solutioning.
- Have delivered programs of Infrastructure As Code via tools such as Terraform/Ansible to automate manual activities, applying configuration settings across the enterprise, and centrally deploy systems, software & tooling
- Has a deep understanding of server/operating system configuration and setups. Through initial server builds, software installations, middleware configuration and operating systems configuration management
- Be able to document designs and configuration management.
- Have worked in large scale environments consisting of many hundreds or thousands of individual servers.
- Be able to manage and deliver multiple parallel projects.
- Have a deep understanding and experience of operating system components/tools such as SCCM, Forman/Satellite, Apache, databases, smtp, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, or network routing.
- Having a basic understanding of data centre virtualised and/or AWS EC2 infrastructure would be expected.
Why join us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An inclusive environment to thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be rewarded for your efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organisation to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.