Infrastructure Engineer 2
Recruiter: Garima Maheshwari
Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers, and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of the Role :
Network Design Engineer to work within the Keyloop Global Network Architecture & Engineering team. The team’s primary role is to design and engineer network infrastructure, services and solutions. This applies to connectivity to and within Keyloop’s hosting infrastructure, employee sites, supported customer premises and public cloud services. We are about to embark on a program to update a large number of Windows and Linux servers from their current OS versions. From a network point of view, this will require analysis of existing firewall rules and routing configured for those servers, and the definition of new rules and routing for the replacement servers’ IPs (where these differ). This role will therefore have specific focus on analysis and documentation of the routing and firewalling configurations across the existing servers, then translate this into required firewalling and routing needed for the in-scope servers. A good level of analytical and forensic capability is therefore required in order to interpret and understand the rules configured on Keyloop’s Cisco ASA estate, and the routing of traffic to, from and between the in-scope servers. The program will also migrate significant numbers of servers and the services they connect to into AWS, therefore a good understanding of AWS networking and firewalling would be a distinct advantage.
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
- Provide technical and process leadership and guidance for the networking aspects of the program to the program team in India
- Act as a Networks key point of contact to the program, and to the Network Engineering team located elsewhere
- Analyse and document firewall (ASA) rules and routing (Cisco) configurations. This will then be used as the basis for replicating the existing connectivity for the upgraded servers
- Work with Network Engineering team to understand and analyse any firewalling and routing that may need additional work to interpret
- Work with the Keyloop Security Operations organisation as necessary where exceptional security approval may be needed to replicate identified firewall and routing configurations
- Define and document new firewall rules and routing, allowing for the potential migration of servers from hosted DCs into AWS
- Provide escalated support to assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of issues arising from the changes made by the program
- Provide updates to Networks Engineering and Operations/Support teams regarding changes made
- Provide requirements information to Network Engineering team where design or re-design work is needed
- Work extended hours where necessary to ensure appropriate liaison with Network Engineering and Operations teams outside the UK.
Skills & Experience :
- Significant, verifiable knowledge and experience of Cisco routing, switching and ASA firewall products (formal qualification to the level of CCNP or CCIE is preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of additional mainstream network infrastructure and security products and services would be a distinct advantage
- This is primarily a Network Engineering role, however the ideal candidate should bring at least 5 years experience across operations and design/engineering roles
- Demonstrable and sound understanding of network protocols and services, and their application in large and complex business environments
Desirable Skills :
- Ability to collaboratively analyse complex situations and utilise troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and apply creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Program management and the ability to guide and manage the work of other Network Engineering staff involved in the program
- Demonstrates exceptional problem solving skills
- Applies creativity to solving complex problems while maintaining rigorous adherence to standards, processes and documentation
- Self-motivated, able to work with initiative under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent time management and organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and influencing skills
- Able to communicate concepts, problems and solutions articulately, with authority, and in a clear and concise manner to audiences with all levels of technical capability
- Proven experience of contributing across a global infrastructure, working with remote colleagues in geographically dispersed teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and with limited supervision
Why join us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An inclusive environment to thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be rewarded for your efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organisation to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.