Software Engineer 2
Job Title: Software Engineer
Keyloop bridges the gap between dealers, manufacturers, technology suppliers and car buyers.
We empower car dealers and manufacturers to fully embrace digital transformation. How? By creating innovative technology that makes selling cars better for our customers and buying and owning cars better for theirs.
We use cutting-edge technology to link our clients’ systems, departments, and sites. We provide an open technology platform that’s shaping the industry for the future. We use data to help clients become more efficient, increase profitability, and give more customers an amazing experience. Want to be part of it?
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to deliver technical capability and direction for platform and application infrastructure that supports strategic initiatives. Advise on tactical and strategic issues relating to established technology and future adoption calling upon internal and external technical advances.
Carry out complex design, development, testing, documentation, code review and analysis of various software applications and technical specifications, complying with established methodologies. Creatively enhance existing product lines with new capabilities and features.
Focus on product enhancements and solutions for complex problems and perform a pivotal role in the integration of developed software utilizing user interfaces and data. Engineer sophisticated new solutions for large-scale go-to-market system offerings, encompassing Keyloops entire product line. Be a subject matter expert in technical leadership, direction, and design, and mentor others whilst fostering collaboration and innovation throughout the Product & Engineering community.
- Participate in the development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalities for enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data.
- Propose product enhancements and the adoption of new features, including new technologies.
- Follows all engineering standards and practices and measure & achieve engineering metrics/goals
- Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups, make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance, and performance. Assess new issues and take ownership of establishing protocol for problem resolution.
- Understand and interpret existing application software solutions.
- Demonstrate expertise in interpreting business requirement specifications and design efficient software solutions to meet the stated requirements that support business processes
- An appreciation of Scrum-based Agile development methods and processes.
- Front-end development of applications and API’s development
- Responsibility for all development work and ownership of thorough quality control
- Take ownership on Major Incidents coming from Production.
- Aid the Product Manager to identify the best technical solutions.
- Proficient within the .NET environment in front-end as well as back-end development.
- Oversees the performance of all software components, including databases, user interfaces, and server-side logic.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics or related field
- Expertise of the main components such as Virtual DOM, JSX, Redux, Hooks, React Context API, Event Handling, Routing, State, Life Cycle components etc.
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Ability to work with Webpack and Flux, as well as at least one performance testing framework.
- Experience in building MVC based applications, microservices and serverless applications.
- Experience in designing and building persistence layers using relational and non-relational database
- Experience in Web Services protocols - REST, SOAP API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, such as: xUnit, nUnit, Moq, nSubstitute, Jest.
- Solid experience in modern version control (Git, GitHub)
- Knowledge in system monitoring tools (e.g., New Relic) and debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Fluency with object-oriented design patterns.
- Good understanding and prior experience of the Agile process (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience in working with Swagger and postman testing for open API’s.
These will be a plus:
- Existing knowledge or experience in the automotive industry
- Deep understanding of API management and governance (API Management, APIGee)
- Understanding of DDD concepts
- Understanding of CQRS principles
- Experience in AWS is a plus
Why join us?
We’re on a journey to become market leaders in our space – and with that comes some incredible opportunities. Collaborate and learn from industry experts from all over the globe. Work with game-changing products and services. Get the training and support you need to try new things, adapt to quick changes and explore different paths. Join Keyloop and progress your career, your way.
An inclusive environment to thrive
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. One that respects all dimensions of diversity. We promote an inclusive culture within our business, and we celebrate different employees and lifestyles – not just on key days, but every day.
Be rewarded for your efforts
We believe people should be paid based on their performance so our pay and benefits reflect this and are designed to attract the very best talent. We encourage everyone in our organisation to explore opportunities which enable them to grow their career through investment in their development but equally by working in a culture which fosters support and unbridled collaboration.