Assistant, Writer & Publisher Relations
We are seeking an Assistant to join our close-knit team in Miami that manages publisher and writer client accounts by serving as the administrative point of contact for any related queries.
The Assistant will handle a wide range of administrative tasks relating to the management of Kobalt’s existing client base and respond to internal and external questions related to the administration of our clients via our centralized CRM platform. This role will suit a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with strong communications skills, who is comfortable communicating with senior colleagues and external clients.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT IN WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You provide support to the Kobalt Writer and Publisher Relations team with scheduled administrative tasks as well as Kobalt’s clients responding to queries via Zendesk, prioritizing Kobalt’s LatAm clients.
- You ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements and assist with client agreement onboarding and catalog ingestion.
- You maintain and optimize client account information, ensuring that Kobalt is well-positioned for efficient catalog registration, royalty collection, and ongoing administration for the duration of our clients’ publishing and administration agreements.
- You work cross-functionally with Kobalt’s Operations department to support the accurate production and distribution of client royalty statements, developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of Kobalt’s services, and its internal systems and operations.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous music administration and/or music publishing experience is preferred.
- You have strong organization and prioritization skills with an ability to remain calm under pressure and complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- You are comfortable with speaking, reading and writing fluently in both English and Spanish.
- You are an excellent communicator-both written and verbal as well as an adaptable team-player who is confident working in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- You must display a high level of trust and integrity as you are exposed to confidential information and material.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work model ensures close relationships with your team, the perks of office life, and the flexibility to work from home.
Global Corporate Discounts: You get access to Perkbox gives you access to over 4,000 perks and discounts worldwide.
Leave Entitlement: On top of generous leave entitlement, our offices close between Christmas & New Years Days, plus we give 4 additional days a year for self-care. In the summer period, we also enjoy Friday afternoons off during July and August.
Good Vibes: We provide a subscription to Calm, access to the Perkbox Wellbeing Hub, and an employee assistance program to support your well-being.
Family friendly benefits: Enhanced health insurance, pension and parental leave entitlement.
Learning Opportunities: We offer a range of tools and support to help you stay on track with your development goals, so you can grow and succeed in your career.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.